Armed Forces Day Carlisle 27th June

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by chockhead819, May 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Rum rationer coming in peace!

We have organised an fundraing event in Carlisle. We so far have some old military vehicles & are fundraising for Help for Heroes,Combat Stress & The RBL. We are hoping to do a stall for the Gurhkas as well,with a petition for our MP who voted against giving them the right to settle in the UK.

If you are interested please turn up, if any of you live in Carlisle & could spare an hour or 2 please contact me on

2. Sounds great, where are you holding this event in Carlisle.?
  3. Gurkhas should not have the right to settle in the UK as Nepal would suffer immensely from the loss of revenue. Also, you can stick your Armed Forces Day up yer bum as we already have one - 11 Nov ring any bells.
  4. Once you've paid for a new boot, having eaten one of the ones you're currently wearing. Demonstrating your ignorance in such a fashion reflects well on you and your Arm. An apology is in order.

Go here

Events such as this help keep the forces in a favourable public light.

I hope you never need to fall back on the charities mentioned.

Edited to add - the disjointed sentences are because of how much was cut before posting my reply.
  5. Just to let you know the day was a great success with Gurhka welfare, Combat Stress & H4H getting £771 each. Starting to get sorted for next year, hopefully raising money for Duke of Lancs Welfare & RNBT.