"Armed Forces Day" a step nearer?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, May 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's looking quite promising. Good idea about cadets in state schools. Perhaps over the years it could envolve into some sort of junior national service.
  2. A trojan horse perhaps?

Fine, but it needs to be funded. I have suspicions that it will be politically motivated, and end up coming out of the MOD pot without any extra funding.
  3. What a pump idea.
    This man is a first-class übercock.
  4. It will be great. An Armed Forces day where the Nation, especially the Great Unwashed, will have a day off and the Armed Forces will not because they will be running the bloody tattoos.

Thanks Broon as ever you are on the ball!
  5. i bet thats going to be popular, apart from looking massively tonk, do they realise how much effort we put into looking "civvie" on nights out because most clubs wont let soldiers in if they clock you?
  6. I don't like the idea of the "armed forces" day. It seems too like the old soviet union displays of military prowess. OTOH I suppose it could be quite good but I doubt it as I can't help but believe it would just be a photo opportunity for politicians.

Having more cadet units sounds as though it may be a good idea. Previous provisos included though.
  7. Report is on t'intranet - well worth a read - a lot of common sense ideas that will be easy to implement at little cost.
  8. How about more funding for the three cadet forces that are already spread around the country. Would get alot more bang for your buck then.
  9. Another day spent marching through a fecking town, when all you want to do is go home to your own town and family, well done Mr Fecking Brown.