Armed Forces Day 2010

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by k13eod, Jun 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where are you going for Armed Forces Day? Or are you not attending ... mutter, mutter, moan ...don't need this sh!t etc?

I'm going over to Chatham for the dockyard event again this year. Anyone planning on going?

I also have three spare tickets if anyone needs free entry ... just have to limp a bit and pretend to be a war pensioner ... unless you already are of course!

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Manchester, and struggling to drum up interest!

3. Milton Keynes/ Aylesbury depends how I feel and if Aylesbury is going to be crap again this year

4. Chatham was a good day out last year but it was the national event. Guess it won't be quite as busy or well attended.

5. I shall be at the national event in Cardiff

6. Bracknell, berks. Small event but I know someone being presented his veterans badge, so good to show support.

7. Veteran's medal? Is his name Walter, by any chance?

8. I shall be working at my Corps open day in Deepcut if you fancy comimg down and hurling abuse at me.

9. me too, with missus and kids on their best behaviour(my arrse!)
    i'll be the one looking stressed as my little girl shows me up some how
    and the boy tries his best to create an international incident
    (he's only 18mths old but he'll manage it if he can, little sod!) :D

10. Psst! Same here, but don't tell Tropper. That's if I can persuade my wife to go. I'll also have my two future organ donors with me.

Only kidding Trop.

11. I'm doing an event in Lowestoft as part of a cadet squadron.

12. i convinced her to let me have it as my fathers day treat
    try it yourself, guilt her into it :twisted:

13. Does seem to be a general lack of interest in the event.

14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I will be dragging the wife to Deepcut. You never know who you might bump into.

15. I wish that little shite Miner would stop doing that as he knows that my computer cannot zoom in enough for a blind old git like me to read his posts, Oh I just found out I can read it in the Posting box, Ill be in the Terre Nova,or the Eli Jenkins, or The Packet,Bute Dock,White Hart,ect