Armed Forces Compensation Scheme

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by urstuffplz1, Jul 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi there,

    I have been recently diagnosed with Compartment Syndrome in my calf muscles. I have been told this was something I was born with and it should have been picked up at my selection process and I should have never of got into the Army in the first place. I have been told there is nothing that can be done for me, and I have found this to have caused me a lot of pain in the past when I was MFD due to being pushed harder on runs etc as you expect. I am now MND and looking at potentially being discharged.

    My question is am I entitled to the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme? I want to claim on the grounds that this has caused me a career fail, put me back in my life, it's causing me pain which I never had before I joined up and negligence - I was forced onto exercise and missed my physio a couple of times putting me back 3 months in my program for a potentially unlikely fix. Will I be entitled for money?

    Thank you,