Armed Forces Compensation Scheme changes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by halo_jones, Oct 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7039292.stm

Glad at last to see some sense being shown. be it belated and i suspect grudgingly by the treasury.

2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Just heard it on the radio, like yourself I'm waiting for the small print!

3. The Parkinson family are holding a press conference shortly, to be covered live by BBC News 24.

4. Coverage starting now on News 24

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Just been announced on radio news that MoD will increase the amount of compensation paid to injured/wounded serviceman. No real details yet.

6. It will never be enough to pay for the care, to compensate for the suffering the individual endures or indeed the supporting family and carers have to provide.

so long as people with hurt feelings (Minorities) get more than those who have been physically hurt defending the nation that provides for them then the system will always fail those who desperatly need it.

7. So that might bring it in line with what it should have been 10 years ago! :evil:

8. Would someone refresh my memory as to just why £484 000 went to some RAF typing bint for RSI? What was compo, and what was her legal fees cos MOD in their wisdom wanted to go to court?

9. Somewhat better, but still not enough, I.M.H.O.

10. We're getting there... gradually. Let's keep up the pressure for all the other aspects of the broken covenant.

11. Will they be back-dating it and, if so, how far? Does anyone know?

Edited : Oh, ok, it's being backdated to April 2005. Why not any further I wonder? (Is that the date of the payout or the date of the injury itself?)

"An MoD spokesman also said artificial limbs for injured soldiers, such as Mr Parkinson, would be provided until the person was discharged - and provided by the NHS thereafter." :(

12. April 2005.

There already was another thread on this subject this morning. Would someone please supply the link, or mods merge the threads.

BAFF have already been on R5Live and RScotland about this today, more this afternoon.

Defence Minister Derek Twigg was interviewed just now on R4 World at One.

13. Yes, sorry hackle, I re-edited to add that I'd found how far it went back. It isn't good enough (not for me anyhow!) And the added bit about prosthetics which I added in my previous post makes me angry too.