Armed Forces Childcare Voucher Scheme

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Proximo, Apr 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apart from the fact that it's administered by Sodexho, and promises to 'save you money', I bit the bullet and applied for the scheme.

Has anyone else bothered? Does it actually work? Do Sodexho actually hold up their end of the bargain or have you been plagued by their usual incompetence?

2. Where's that nice French bird who used to dance in your sig block?

3. Heh heh - I saw you'd responded and thought 'Bugger me, AJ is going to dazzle me with some really penetrating insights into AFCVS and how much of a mess it is and so forth'...but no - you want Alyzee.

Standby 1...

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

It works. It is, after the normal rigmarole of registration, no bother. We have chosen to do all payments by e-transfers.

The most difficulty we have had is remembering the password as we only need it once a month.

And as to saving money, yes the benefits are undoubtably there.

Think I saw that you are heading for Shriv soon? All the nurseries we visited around there accept CVS as payment.

5. No - all change. I am off to Shriv but that's strictly a short-term thing as discussed in CC. Glasgow finally finished messing us around at noon-ish today so now we're racing around trying to construct some sort of life around the ruins they have presented us with.

Woohoo - life in a green suit! :D

6. Easy to set up,we had our first payment from the next pay and I reckon it saves you about 85 quid a month for doing nothing. It does effectively reduce your salary though so you may need to check it if you are going for a mortgage etc.

I have had no problems communicating with them either and had to cancel after a month and they did it swiftly and without fuss. sodexho is a big company and these seem to be the best part of them, rather than the "take the mess off the blokes and screw them " part.

7. Put the forms in the post today (I know I'm a civvy). I'll report back on how it goes...

8. Can someone explain how this system works, i.e. what you do once you start to see vouchers being taken off your salary? I assume they go into an on line account somewhere. What are you supposed to do then?

Also has anyone got the Sodhexo contact telephone number for this as, in the excitement of moving house, I have lost it.

Regards,

B-C

9. Brave, the number you need is 0800 328 7411.

The money is 'removed' from your pay prior to Tax an NI contributions being deducted, so you should save about £85 per month. Opt for the 'pay by e-vouchers' scheme and the credit will show in your online childcare account, which you then forward to your child carere (who clearly must be registered with them to receive payment)

Couldn't be easier and a nice way to save some of your own hard earned.

10. Thanks very much, just the info I needed.