Arma Armed Assault Clan

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by dale0404, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With all the publicity at the moment about VBS2 being used by the Brits I thought I would climb on the bandwagon and advertise the fact that I run an Arma Armed Assault Clan!! We are called the SHOOT Clan.:p

We use mainly British kit or as much as we can get our hands on. I create missions tailored to the British way of doing things. We use voice comms (Teamspeak) and the clan has its own 32 slot server which I can lock down at any time to carry out the missions we are doing. We play the game for fun and because of the amount of realism this game can offer. I have ex squaddies and some that will be joining the forces in the future. I have some kids in the clan also but they take the game as seriously as I do.

We are doing a campaign at the moment called "The Avgani Campaign" and its based on beating a Terrorist Organisation called "The Real Al Cucumber"!! We have just finished the 2nd Operation called "Sak the Twat" and we took a few casualties so we need more members. :p

Anyway, if you play the game / want to play the game and want a British way of doing things then head over to our forums to say hello!

Forums Link: SHOOT Clan Forums
  2. Great game indeed, I knock around on this a fair bit, really great stuff. Keep a lookout for the UKF kit updates on the BIS forum and on their website.
  3. Already use most of their kit mate. :D
  4. Check their website out, they haven't released ArmA kit yet, what you are using is OFP converted kit.
  5. That is all old stuff, new stuff is being worked on. Shall send you a PM.
  6. never played arma but wanna im ex and i have tried to recreate a similar deal with secondlife although from a gaming angle its w@nk to be fair.
    but please send me some info on where to get it and who jo join n shit and if you have SL contact me on my name nick barnstormer in world.
  7. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

We've just got 3 licences in work for VBS2 (the full version) to try and look at some integration work with vehicles for training.

It's a pretty good game (sorry modelling software), although I find the AI a bit annoying in some cases (I probably haven't got used to the logic yet) but all in all pretty good.

8. what is this game you are referring to? it is online then i take it?
  9. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Do a google for it.

But basically it's a co-operative fps which has the facility to design your own scenarios. Quite realistic and has recently been bought by the MOD for training purposes.