ArmA 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by MANPADS, Jul 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Noticed this hasn't been posted on here yet.

I've seen there are Arrsers playing ArmA 2, so has anyone moved over to the newer version?

Its currently in Beta (still fooked) but if you buy it now on Steam you get a tenner off instead of waiting for the full release at the end of the year.

The nicest thing is you can import all the old ArmA content over which gets a nice breath of life with the engine. Had a few missions with the new toys.

2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I've got it but not really played much of it yet. Did manage to blag a posh as **** bullet-shaped 32GB USB pen off the Arma3 stand at E3 after schmoozing with their CEO for a bit, but didn't really bother to play the game. Always been too much hard work for me. Could be tempted by the multiplayer, I suppose.

All that said, I'm off to the Bohemia UK office on Thursday and have been promised a slack handful of Steam codes - I'll stick a few in here if they actually materialise!

3. Any follow up on this? :)

Also have you tried VBS2.

4. BrunoNoMedals

Tried it? As far as the MOD's concerned I am VBS2 :)

No freebie keys as yet; our meeting got binned but I'll be seeing them at DSEi next week. I'm not sure if they have a stand or are just keeping an eye on the many other companies who'll be demonstrating withg VBS2, but if they do and anyone else is going I recommend chancing your arm for one of their bottle opener/USB pen/keyring gizzits.

5. Is there room for arma 3 and battlefield 4 on my pc. The new arma3 looks a 100% better than arma 2 but arma is not really a game thats pick up and go but a game you need to nurture. Where as bf4 is user friendly and if I fancy a quick match its easy and the controls ain't that hard ti to remember.
    I love a game with practically unlimited terrain as it gives you much more tactics to use and cant stand CoD maps. Love to find a secluded spot and camp down with my sniper and pick of targets.
    Is anyone thinking of making an arrse arma 3 clan/guild or a bf4 for that matter or just both.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. I'm pretty sure Bruno has :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. I need to upgrade my PC. Metro Last Light struggles to run..... ARMA II is fine, but its been a few years so due a major upgrade!

8. BrunoNoMedals

******* hell, where have you been hiding?!

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 1
  9. Been playing the BETA on steam and not a bad bit of kit,just hope the full version has ACE/ACRE and zombies built in as I'm ******* threaders with installing mods!

10. Yea I know the feeling guv

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  11. Cool ill try and pop on Sunday for an Op,thanks

12. Ive been playing the Alpha and then Beta but just now I clicked to have another go at Beta and its re downloading it, fekn 5 gig for a beta! I only want to demolish a villiage with Arty.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well if you download the beta now, then that's you already downloaded half of the full release ;)

Full release is closing in fast - Sep 12th

14. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

And its downloading at home as I type!

15. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

If you've played the beta and were signed up to the dev build then you've basically played the full game for the last week or two already. Yesterday was just a small patch update really.

A good looking game with a lot of potential but, considering the time it's been in development and community feedback, it's seriously lacking IMO.

Won't stop me playing the shit out of it though.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)