Arma 3 - Laws of War DLC

Arma 3 add a new faction - humanitarian NGO:

Available on Steam now. I'm off to give it a play.

An hour later and I've just gone through the first part of the single player section. "Cawlladoody" it is not.

It definitely brings a new aspect to the computer milsim, so I'm not going to give too much away, but if you have Arma 3, it's definitely worth £8.99.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Interesting....will it explore the dichotomy of Coalition casevac helicopters being armed and not displaying medical symbols?

Lots of arguments internally about this. In both Iraq and AFG ,the opposition regarded casevac Helos as prime targets. Decision made to remove red cross emblem.

Under LOAC, this legitimised the targeting of them...tricky stuff.

Medics in armoured field ambulances displaying red cross emblem were routinely fired on in Iraq.

Presumably the Arma3 conflict scenario reflects the reality of one sided Laws?

Last edited:
Interesting....will it explore the dichotomy of Coalition casevac helicopters being armed and not displaying medical symbols?

Lots of arguments internally about this. In both Iraq and AFG ,the opposition regarded casevac Helos as prime targets. Decision made to remove red cross emblem.

Under LOAC, this legitimised the targeting of them...tricky stuff.

Medics in armoured field ambulances displaying red cross emblem were routinely fired on in Iraq.

Presumably the Arma3 conflict scenario reflects the reality of one sided Laws?

There's certainly potential for this type of shenanigans. Together with human shields/firing from hospitals etc.

Am I doing it right?

booooom.jpg

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer