Arm UK Police? Rioter shot at officers.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Camerons Advance., Aug 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just saw, on BBC news, footage of a rioter shooting a pistol at Police.
    Is it not about time that the UKs Police are armed?
  2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

They are armed justt not all of them
    Can't wait ti'll they get hold of him / them
    4 Months for knicking a bottle of water what price firing at the police in the middle of a riot.
  3. Sorry I should have made myself clearer- All officers armed with firearms.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

5. Do you mind if I opt out?

The thought of the subsequent trial by media goes through me like nails down a blackboard. However if my colleague could take on the responsibility then I'd appreciate that as we do need more armed officers.
  6. That's just it isn't it, Its all very well speaking about how the whole of the British Police should be armed but the amount of red tape leveled against them for being qualified to use one will make most officers avoid the chance.
    Plus the constant trial and verdict on the Police by the media combined with the liability to face legal action would mean most officers would never dare to unholster their weapon anyway.
  7. Plus the misuse, losses, own goals etc the clowns would add to the headlines.
  8. The guns were probably air powered, though granted potentially deadly. Police should be armed, though the danger is always there that the criminals could steal guns from the police.
  9. Any Police who were armed would have to accept the fact that they may have to kill someone with it. I am certain that there will be those amongst the police who could never countenance doing such a thing through their own conscience above all else.
  10. Yet they armed the RMP didn't they?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. True but accepting that you may have kill someone is one thing. Accepting that after you have done what you have trained for and then thrown to the media, the lawyers and the courts to pass judgement cannot reasonably be expected of anyone.
  12. Didn't take you long to post with your usual anti police stance, did it you utter cock?
  13. So why are you hiding behind a newly created account?

I can always back my posts up with facts whereas you can only attempt to insult and intimidate me. It does not work by the way.

You're not Old Bill are you? Your tactics suggest you are.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. And you should have seen the mayhem that resulted in. I did.
  15. It's not a new account, and if by "old bill" you actually mean Police Officer, yes I am. Will you now tell us all what you do, why you consider yourself to be such an expert on all things "old bill" and why you dislike us so much?