Arktis Strop Sandals

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Regiment646, Sep 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi ,I'm thinking of buying a pair of Arktis Strop Sandal for everyday use here in Israel ,I need a sandal like the Strop to protect my feet better .

Has anybody used them.?
    Are they any good.?
    Are there better sandals like from South Africa which are similar if so where can they be bought.?

thanks
    yours
    Reg 646 :D

2. I don't think they are particulary original or groundbreaking in design.

I'd have thought that more established footwear companies have a larger and more established variety

3. Merrel/ Meindl Sandals, tip top.

4. Adam,

The Arktis sandal is ok (ish) they buy them in from a company in South Africa, and never have all the correct sizes in!

5. I can vouch for Merrel, mine have had a battering but are showing no signs of wear. Very comfy and ok for running in if you have to.

6. Don't laugh but clarks make a good sandal.

7. What about Keen? An American brand which have covered toes - big product range in both leather and nylon. Lots of outdoor companies in UK sell them. Very well made and don't look as 'G10'!

WS

8. Teva Sandals-£35
    After 3 years of abuse Im more than happy with mine, but they have to be replaced due to fair wear and tear. Stitching is still holding and the straps are still in a good condition.
    The velcro has become tired and the tread has worn through.
    Looking at investing in a new pair closer to the summer.

SK

9. Thanks for the reply's
    My everyday sandals are from Source and are very good ,
    I looked at these sandals as a combo between sandals and shoes.
    I tried the keens but they are very wide ,heavy and clumsy at least for me.
    Thanks
    yours reg646