Arktis chest rig OG ( original pattern Velcro closure )

I think part of the problem with LBT is that it's a US firm and in the US, if I have it right, they cannot retail military kit for less than what they sell it to the DOD. Hence, they over-price everything as that's how much money they want to try and achieve, minimum, on their DOD sales.

Yes, the $2000 toilet seat problem.

I cannot remember what the legislation is called but you are right. I can show you a rucksack for $120 that was made overseas and the same style rucksack for over $500 because it was made in the US to be compliant for sale to the US military (Kelty Redwing, not bad actually, the cheap one, not the expensive one).

As an FYI regarding rucksacks: Mystery Ranch is popular with the big children in't US. Level Peaks I believe are the UK rep if you can hit them up for a review - solid, well made gear, designed by people who understand rucksacks frome before the time people started throwing together bags with shoulder straps and molle.

Last edited:
To answer your question:

I had this idea that all the modern molle stuff has multiple potential points of failure, and look very " warry "and that, this particular rig has very few. Therefore it could be used as a base to Create a mini chest rig and could be quickly & easily converted into a grab bag. If stuffed with medical kit it could also get through foreign customs quite easily.

Just apiece of equipment that could have multiple uses and worth bringing on overseas trips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Contact @Boris3098 he makes bespoke gear, well priced, for top end customers. He will talk through your needs and set you up with exactly what you want.

I have an og one of the type you are looking for. We did a bulk unit purchase back in around 1984. Pretty much mint as i could never get on with it.
They were called the "42 pattern" IIRC as they were originally designed by 42 Cdo. There may also have been a "45 pattern" one with different pouch arrangements.
I can get you a photo but as it is in the attic, today ain't a day i plan moving anywhere other than between the dining table, sofa, fridge and bog

two_of_seven

Old-Salt
I have an og one of the type you are looking for. We did a bulk unit purchase back in around 1984. Pretty much mint as i could never get on with it.
They were called the "42 pattern" IIRC as they were originally designed by 42 Cdo. There may also have been a "45 pattern" one with different pouch arrangements.
I can get you a photo but as it is in the attic, today ain't a day i plan moving anywhere other than between the dining table, sofa, fridge and bog

Enjoy your Christmas dinner & feel free to drop me a PM at your convenience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This what you're after ?

Attachments

• IMG_7942.JPG
    IMG_7942.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 114

I note that no one has asked why you would keep a piece of kit issued to you 33 years ago that you never liked, seldom wore yet still have in the attic despite, I'm guessing now, no longer being in!

I note that no one has asked why you would keep a piece of kit issued to you 33 years ago that you never liked, seldom wore yet still have in the attic despite, I'm guessing now, no longer being in!
I've got 2 metal chests full of para smocks, para lids, goretex, windproofs,bayonets and a full set of para kit in my garage along with a fully packed bergen complete with side pouches. I've been out 5 years.

Nice of you to be so nosy about my life :)

Just for you: i left in the late 80's and emigrated elsewhere and as i left the UK with a single rucksack and £1,000 to go make my fortune (HA-that didn't happen!), what little i owned went into my parents attic. This stuff only surfaced many years later, long after i returned penniless, married and with 2 sprogs when my dad retired 5 years ago and he dumped all my stuff on me and into my attic it went. I have my old windies, 68 patt DPMs and other kit in a few holdalls. Can't quite bring myself to part with it now - except to help someone out like now.

That satisfy your curiosity ...?

Not curious or a dig at all, merely commenting on hoarding kit that seems to be a disease prolific in the forces!

When I joined OTC in the early naughties my old man dragged out a load of kit (that would never fit him again) from the attic from an organisation he had left 20 years previously.

I suspect @Bile_Spewer won't be doing much military parachuting for the foreseeable but he's prepared, just in case... It could come in useful.

Included in his (very dated) offering, hidden anongst the Boots, DMS (New), 68 Patt smock and trousers, and a broken in Shirt KF was the attached blinder.

"I wrote to them asking for a quote and they sent me it with a request for a cheque, marvellous!"

I have no idea if he paid or not and even less why I still have it...

Attachments

• Hat.jpg
    Hat.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 104

Basically because the SEAL's use it all the fat airsofty walts in the US, HK and Japan grab it up.

I have an acquaintance who was in ST6 where they have their own camo patterns: AOR1; AOR2. Crye makes them the Crye pattern combat clothing gear using the camo patterns. My man tells me that when the stuff first came out the first set of AOR1 gear that magically appeared on ebay went for over a grand.

Bit of a thread bump, but I'm after one of these too!

Has anyone got one in their attic?

Attachments

• E97BC642-8C4B-4178-909D-FD63A14416B1.jpeg
    E97BC642-8C4B-4178-909D-FD63A14416B1.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 17

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Mine is long gone - as nostalgic as it would be to get another, it'd only end up being a source of ridicule on the 'Things you want but no longer have a use for' thread :rolleyes:

I've got a DPM one. but we can't wear that any more :(

Mine is long gone - as nostalgic as it would be to get another, it'd only end up being a source of ridicule on the 'Things you want but no longer have a use for' thread :rolleyes:
I can keep a secret if you can.

SAS PARA issue.
Very good price.

PM me if interested.
No-one need ever know.

Edited to add: I should start a thread
" Things you've actually got but can't seem to get rid of."

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I can keep a secret if you can.

SAS PARA issue.
Very good price.

PM me if interested.
No-one need ever know.

Edited to add: I should start a thread
" Things you've actually got but can't seem to get rid of."

Mine is SAS/PARA/MARINE issue...

So clearly better

(Neither are RAF Regt though so we have that going for us)