Aristocrats in the Armed forces.

Are you one of them?

How many noblemen in the British armed forces?

Why do you love (or hate?) them?

Thanks in advance.

KGB_resident said:
Are you one of them?

How many noblemen in the British armed forces?

Why do you love (or hate?) them?

Thanks in advance.
What about noblewomen? :?

LETS JUMP START THIS THREAD -

Do you mean - the aristocracy - group noun - a class of people who hold high social rank. Eg RLC Officers. :lol: :lol:

The Duke Of Westminster, a Major General in the Territorial Army, is Assistant Chief of Defence Staff (Reserves and Cadets).

In real life I am the Rt Hon Alastair Wincey StJohn Feathersonehaugh, 13th Duke of Wimbourne.

NAP6W said:

Do you mean - the aristocracy - group noun - a class of people who hold high social rank. Eg RLC Officers. :lol: :lol:
Hey! I take offence at that. One obtains nobility by virtue of one's actions, not by virtue of which hole they entered this world through. :D

NAP6W said:
Perhaps if you explained WTF you are on about???? 8O
No doubt that prince Harry is an aristocrat. There is a House of Lords in the UK. So I suppose that there are live Lords (and their sons). All of them: Earls, Barons, Viscounts, Counts and so on served in the Armed Forces. There was a lot of them especially in the Navy. What about nowdays?

NAP6W said:

Initially I meant aristocrats by birth - the Lords by birth.

OK. Let's regard word 'aristocrat' in this meaninig: aristocrats by birth + the rich + sons (and daughters?) of high ranked politicians, generals, admirals + other representatives of upper classes.

KGB_resident said:
NAP6W said:
No doubt that prince Harry is an aristocrat. There is a House of Lords in the UK. So I suppose that there are live Lords (and their sons). All of them: Earls, Barons, Viscounts, Counts and so on served in the Armed Forces. There was a lot of them especially in the Navy. What about nowdays?

NAP6W said:

OK. Let's regard word 'aristocrat' in this meaninig: aristocrats by birth + the rich + sons (and daughters?) of high ranked politicians, generals, admirals + other representatives of upper classes.
Roman Abramovich is rich - would you count him as a member of the British aristocracy? :roll:

Roman Abramovich:
Vulgar new money- and Johnny Foreigner to boot.

Lucky_Jim said:
In real life I am the Rt Hon Alastair Wincey StJohn Feathersonehaugh, 13th Duke of Wimbourne.
Your Lordship!

You are very nice looking lad.

http://www.slowdownloads.com/gallery/gray/duke

Many years ago I was impressed by reading 'Moonstone' by Wilkie Collins. As I understand, warcrimes comitted by a noblemen is unremovable stain on their reputation. So I suppose British Armed Forced need noblemen as true leaders.

KGB_resident said:
Let's regard word 'aristocrat' in this meaninig: aristocrats by birth + the rich + sons (and daughters?) of high ranked politicians, generals, admirals + other representatives of upper classes.
Rich doesn't equal aristocracy, nor, thankfully, does being the spawn of slimy politicians!

Poppy said:
KGB_resident said:
NAP6W said:

NAP6W said:

Roman Abramovich is rich - would you count him as a member of the British aristocracy? :roll:
Yes he is but he is not in the armed forces you berk!!! :roll: :roll:

DozyBint said:
KGB_resident said:
Let's regard word 'aristocrat' in this meaninig: aristocrats by birth + the rich + sons (and daughters?) of high ranked politicians, generals, admirals + other representatives of upper classes.
Rich doesn't equal aristocracy, nor, thankfully, does being the spawn of slimy politicians!
Aristocracy and 'aristocracy' are two different words with different meanings.

Aristocrats? Do you mean like that little crowd of Poles that was led into the forest near Katyn but not out again?

You're not planning a sequel are you, Sergey?