Arise, Sir Dracula

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Andy_S, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Christopher Lee knighted for services to vampir...er, thespianism.

I have read (on the Interweb - so it must be true) that he served in SOE during the war. During his death scene in LOTR (which did not make the final cut) Director Peter Jackson was unhappy with the sound of the sword stab that finished him off, but Lee told him they had got it right as "I know the sound a knife makes when it enters a body." Or something like that.

Anyway, here is the Grauniad:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2009/oct/30/prince-charles-knights-christopher-lee

2. Thespianism? THESPIANISM??? The man is a thespian? What a disgusting pervert!!!

Joking aside an awesome actor. Wonderful in everything. I love him as Lord Summerisle in Wicker Man. Also, as a septic sort, my apologies for the dreadful US remake. Horrid film.

3. Well its about time!.. a great British Actor he deserves it...

4. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Thats me!!

5. Isn't this old news?

Werewolf's post here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/p=2658547/.html#2658547

... suggests he was knighted in June?

(Guess that's when he was named .... and now the ceremony has taken place. :roll: )

6. Must be all the court appearances :wink:

He is a very good actor and top thesbian

7. The original is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. 8O As for the remake...well, all I can say is we are even: we burned down your Whitehouse, you remade The Wicker Man. :twisted:

(Geek Anorak On)The name Sommerisle is very similar to Summerled, the Lord of the Isles who gave the Vikings a right shoeing(and found the time and energy to have 500, 000 descendants in modern day Scotland. 8O :worship: ). Long regarded as a Celtic hero, Sommerled was in fact himself of Norse descent :viking: .

The Wicker Man itself was a Celtic ritual first mentioned in the writings of Julius Caesar(the Druids never wrote anything down). The writer of the original movie has palnned two sequals, Cowboys for Christ, set in the Scottish Borders and again dealing with Celtic Neo-Paganism and Twilight of The Gods, which features Norse Paganism and is set in Iceland.(Geek Anorak Off). :)

8. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

"Whicker Man" needed a remake like a white shark needs dentures, but am disappointed to hear it was so dire: The YouTube trailors looked pretty decent. Nicholas Cage is a fair thesp, but he does make some appalling rubbish.

(Of course, Cage is not to be compared to Sir Christopher in any way shape or form: I doubt if he would look dashing with fangs, and am pretty certain he never shivved a Jerry, off-celluloid.)

9. Nic Cage is unbelievably over-rated. Just like Keanu Reeves, he only ever plays the same part. Unsmiling, angst-ridden eejit.

10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

God of all things 'Hammer House'