Arise Dame Tessa Jowell

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Jun 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I notice that the honour is presented before we get the full bill for the farce called "The London Olympics".

2. What do you have to do to get an honour these days? Why, write a few cook books....

"Mrs Mary Berry, Cookery Writer and Broadcaster. For serv Culinary Arts."

Does Cap'n Birds Eye (Seafarin' Paedophile) get one too? No.

3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

What a ******* joke poison orrible northern gwar slag,

4. Not her biggest fan, I take it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kate Winslet gets one?

6. Oi PRT, you might want to give this winner a call:

"Professor Lorna Ann Casselton, Emeritus Professor of Fungal Genetics, University of Oxford. For serv Fungal Genetics"

7. Most of the recipients seem to get them for doing their job. I'm more impressed with those who get one for doing something outside of their day job.

8. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Nice Lady, done my Umbrella ella ella , swab after Belize

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's what she got the gong for. Some people earn their honours the hard way.

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

3 Para Mortar Platoon should be up for Knighthoods then!

12. aye she'd get one.

13. What annoys me is when professional sportsmen etc get it for 'services to sport'. I thought their reward was getting paid silly money plus sponsorship deals, the honour of representing whoever and the adulation of the crowd. Compared to that I'm all for a research scientist who actually advances the human race as a whole and makes a real contribution to society.

My favourite honours dit is my mother who turned down an MBE because 'it wasn't me who did the work, it was my team' which coming from the hardest working person I've ever met is pretty impressive I think.

• Like Like x 1