Ariel Atom police car!

Blimey! It’s the rozzers! And they’re in an Ariel Atom! Wait, what?

Yes, in the most literal ‘thin blue line’ interpretation imaginable, the Avon and Somerset Constabulary – Ariel’s local police force, of course – has just unveiled its latest jam sandwich. Not just an Atom, but the newest, spangliest 3.5R model, which has 257kW, weighs just 612kg, and will get to 100kph in 2.5 seconds.

More @ http://www.topgear.co.za/news/performance-policing-as-british-cops-add-an-ariel-atom-to-their-fleet/

upload_2014-6-4_17-57-9.png

Shouldn't he be wearing something other than his traffic cop crap hat?

D

Djelli Beybii

Well, I was going for a ride down to Salisbury Plain area on Friday.
I think I'll give it a miss if that thing is about!

Fuckin Jensen Button walt.........:x

Jenson Button walt? You mean he will never actually catch up with anybody he's chasing and will always blame the car / road / mechanics / weather* for the 'baddies' getting away?

* other reasons for failure are available.

Jenson Button walt? You mean he will never actually catch up with anybody he's chasing and will always blame the car / road / mechanics / weather* for the 'baddies' getting away?

* other reasons for failure are available.
Probably -

If Carlsberg did police cars! Where's he going to shove his traffic cones?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not much space for bad guys in the back, and I bet he doesn't wear that hat on his patrols.

Or go out in t'rain.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
So lemme get this right. They don't actively pursue stolen motorbikes due to the inherent risk to the rider and the public. (That's from one forces press release I read recently)
But they've bought one of these to pursue non stolen bikes?
I smell bullshit. Like when they unveiled the lotus 'police car' years ago.

PR stunt.

Lotus did it years ago with the Esprit, all pimped in battenburg, blue lights and sirens. The motor did the rounds of many police forces who in turn used it as a show piece for displays and expo stands - I also vaguely recollect that RMP had their turn with it too:

Lotus+Esprit+Police+Car+Back.jpg

More recently they threw out some Evora's:

2455187.jpg

The Cloggie's used to use 911's on their motorways, as did the boxheads in Bavaria - they had a Ferrari 328 for a while. The USA allows police forces to use vehicles which they have confiscated [from drug dealers] and hence it is not uncommon to see the occasional Sheriff's Porsche 911, or even a Lambo or Ferrari all liveried up.

Inpractical Impractical gimmicks still have price tags.

this is not the beginning of a crack force of skeletal high-speed pursuit vehicles, rather a message in safety. The liveried Atom has been cooked up to promote the Safer Rider campaign, which is aimed at increasing awareness by and for motorcyclists. And the Atom was chosen because it’s the bikiest car out there.

All road safety campaigns have a price tag - what's new? This is probably a cost shared initiative between A&S Police and Aerial.

All road safety campaigns have a price tag - what's new? This is probably a cost shared initiative between A&S Police and Aerial.

It bet it is not cost shared. Check the price of magazine, newspaper and TV advertising, marketing people count media exposure in seconds. Lending a car to a Force for 6 months or so is a very cheap way of getting the product into the public eye - the write off value of the car has probably been repaid 10 times over in the free media exposure it has received.

Latest Threads