Argylls in drugs haul, not bad for a first day at work

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Axeman, Apr 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Scots soldiers seize record heroin haul

15 April 2005 05:34

One of the biggest ever heroin seizures in the Balkans has been made by Scots soldiers on their first day of peacekeeping duties in Bosnia.

Millions of pounds worth of the drug were recovered by troops from the Argyll and Sutherland Highlander who pounced on the drugs traffickers in a road ambush at the border of Bosnia, Serbia and Montenegro. The regiment only arrived in the area at the beginning of the month.

2. Nice piece of work, all credit, but is is wise for a scottish regiment to raise its profile? Look at the Black Watch!

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Did it all get handed in?

4. When I saw the Heading of this thread, I automatically assumed that the Monkeys had done a productive locker trawl in the company lines - ?

5. While it is great that the A&SH seized these drugs, this has come too late...whatever Labour was smoking when it decided to scrap the Scottish Infantry is just so much ash now!!

6. Queensman, that the first time I've heard the words Monkeys and productive in the same sentence!

7. FP,
    Good point!
    Did you see that wretched 'The Real Red Caps' shite on the telly last night? Only goes to prove your point - what a bunch of cnuts - don't folk have to do the BFT anymore?

8. Good Job it was this scottish regiment that found it.

Had it been another it may have been divvied up and on sale in the streets of dundee by nightfall!!!

9. BFG? Big Fat Gonads - only applies one day a year. Pass it and forget it till next year.

10. JUst as well it wasn't the KINGOEs eh? Come to think of it, did any of the smugglers speak Serbo Croat with a scouse accent? I'll bet they all had dodgy taches and shell suits