Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by MrMcNaul, Sep 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First of all, sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I was just wondering if anybody knows where i could find a list of Argylls who served before 1918. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Google A&SH?? 1st Battalion??? 16 Air Assault??

Thoght you were going to a different RRS mob?

Family history problem mate??

3. I tried all that but what Im looking for didn't come up, was just wondering if anyone knew of a place where there may be a list. Oh and it's not people who have died, the person I am looking for retired.

4. Do you have an axe to grind McNaul??

Try PM'ing Swampmonster or Tiger Stacker.

Explain your honest reason for enquiring, they may reply - they may not.

5. Supposedly my great great grandfather was a Sergeant Major in the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Obviously if this is true, then when it comes to choosing my battalion down at training, having a family history in that battalion is likely to increase my chances of getting in.

6. Put your great grandfathers name in the search engine below along with Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders in the corps bit if he served in WW1

SEARCH THE NATIONAL ARCHIVE

7. Or get in touch with the Regimental association or Bn Home HQ at Stirling Castle, if they can't answer then they will point you in the right direction. Any questions on the Bn PM me

8. Or get in touch with the Regimental association or Bn Home HQ at Stirling Castle, if they can't answer then they will point you in the right direction. Any questions on the Bn PM me