Argy president says right to Malvinas "inalienable"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yellow_Devil, Apr 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mrs Kirchner still banging on about it. Why do they bother? You'd have thought they had the message by now. Anyway I thought we were buddies now?,23599,23476296-23109,00.html
  2. Oh Shoite, here we go again.
  3. Their farmers are on strike and the economy is tanking.

It's what Argentine Presidents do when the going gets tough.
  4. I accept their inalienable claim to the Falklands, as long as they accept our inalienable right to tell 'em to F*ck off! (Well, we'll sink a ship or two while we're at it, for old times sake.)
  5. well lets just ask the bennies who they want to be governed by
    and while we are at it how many ethnic argentinians are there in the falklands
  6. As well as singing duets with Geordie brickies:

7. Is it going off again :p

I'm up for another go at 'em :lol: :lol:

When do we leave? I'll need to buy some kit. :? :?

Now, where's my boots and beret.........
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nothing to do with the price of oil making the reserves around the Falklands a very attractive proposition then . . .

Another thing - what is the internationally recognised territorial limit from shore out to sea these days?

Oh, wait a minute!

9. [​IMG]

There appears to be a lot more trees than I remember.
    Maybe the Argies are going to start a logging company.
  10. Quite. And to be honest,I know what my first choice would be:

11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Usual opathetic response of an inadequate leader when his domestic economy begins to go tits up - pretend it's all someone else's fault (like Sukarno). Didn't do Galtieri much good in the end.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Difference now is that, apart from the possible income for the oil and gas companies, this gobment hates the UK, hates empire, hates colonies and will roll over for anyone who even suggest that this is a colonial outpost.

Imagine if the Argentinians (Spanish colonists mostly) did actually re-invade the Falklands: Cue hand-wringing Labliar not only NOT taking the place back for 'colonial reasons' and reasons of apalling defence budget and ill-considered wars, but apologising to the Spanish colonials for taking the place in the first instance. :evil:
  13. Do the Argies stand a chance of getting them back?

I mean we have no good reason to give them, and have we not turned the Falklands into a fortress these days?
  14. Yea its ALOT better defended than it was in 82, even the FDF has better kit than us,you would think they would learn along with being war like gods us British are, we have an experienced armed forces, They can "come and have a go if they think there 'ard enough!" but in all honesty its just another speech about the falklands the argie political leaders give anually every 6 months to keep the public sweet about national pride. :p:D

I should be in office dont you think?

15. Talking of Spaniards, how is the hand-back of Gibraltar going? Seem to recall NuLab saying a few years ago it was considering handing it over.

My mum (ex redcap WRAC) told me that Hong Kong island wasn't due to go back with the mainland Territories but the government sold them out too.