Arguably - Christopher Hitchens

A collection of the great, late polemicist's sharpest, most incisive essays. Keep a dictionary to hand but a perspicacious and often witty insight into books, life and oddities. You can dip in and out, so it's a superb travelling companion. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just got Dalrymple's Return of a King for my geburtstag and looking forward to that.

It's a shame that the wrong Hitchens was taken from us. An utterly marvellous writer and a top-notch bon f**king viveur,

Hitchens said "The four most overrated things in life are champagne, lobster, **** sex and picnics."

The above sounds like a damned fun afternoon to me with a young lady.

It's a shame that the wrong Hitchens was taken from us. An utterly marvellous writer and a top-notch bon f**king viveur,
No, Peter has some very good arguments on a lot of issues. He can be as much of a pillock as Christopher was on some things, though, and as much as I admire Christopher's attitudes to religion, I think it would be a grave error to think he spoke the ultimate truth on it.

...much as I admire Christopher's attitudes to religion, I think it would be a grave error to think he spoke the ultimate truth on it.
You're right - but one could apply that to everyone (Jesus included). But he did have a splendid knack of putting prelates and zealots on the back foot and exposing their pious mendacity.