ARGOS

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
You bunch of robbing cunts. If you say a price then that the price it is.

Customer services? Fuck off!

I am on a hate campaign, please join in.

Ms Tanner at Argos in Salisbury you are a robot.

Cunt!

People who shop at Argos are poor.

A price on an article is not the actual price - under the Sale of Goods Act the price shown is an 'invitation to treat'...so you can offer a lot less than the marked price, or the seller can ask for a great deal more than the marked price

A price on an article is not the actual price - under the Sale of Goods Act the price shown is an 'invitation to treat'...so you can offer a lot less than the marked price, or the seller can ask for a great deal more than the marked price
What??????... or should I say, WAAAAHT?

Have they put up the price of rubber rings?

S

syledis

You are Martin Lewis and you hit the wrong button on Money saving Expert and ended up on here!!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ho Ho Fucing Ho!

Try code 908/8607. Wrong product,wrong price.

In the book it is something different. My fault apparentely

See; The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

Ho Ho Fucing Ho!

Try code 908/8607. Wrong product,wrong price.

In the book it is something different. My fault apparentely

£19.99
(1 Reviews)

No matter how hot the action, the Air Flo Controller for PS3 is designed to keep your grip cool while you game. Patented Air Flo technology brings you performance and perspiration-free gaming with the built-in 2-speed cooling fan, allowing you to play longer while staying cool.
Tell the truth,you thought it was an air cooled ring for your arse, it's not Argos fault you can read the description right!!

Which deals with deliberate actions by a trader such as advertising goods at a cheap price, which they dont have, to attract customers. It does not cover mistakes in either descripttion or pricing.
5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(2) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph—

(a)
if it contains false information and is therefore untruthful in relation to any of the matters in paragraph (4) or if it or its overall presentation in any way deceives or is likely to deceive the average consumer in relation to any of the matters in that paragraph, even if the information is factually correct;
and

(b)
it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise.

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(a)
it concerns any marketing of a product (including comparative advertising) which creates confusion with any products, trade marks, trade names or other distinguishing marks of a competitor; or

(b)
it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with, if—
(i)
the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by that code of conduct, and

(ii)
the commitment is firm and capable of being verified and is not aspirational,

and it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise, taking account of its factual context and of all its features and circumstances.

(4) The matters referred to in paragraph (2)(a) are—

(a)
the existence or nature of the product;

(b)
the main characteristics of the product (as defined in paragraph 5);

(c)
the extent of the trader’s commitments;

(d)
the motives for the commercial practice;

(e)
the nature of the sales process;

(f)
any statement or symbol relating to direct or indirect sponsorship or approval of the trader or the product;

(g)
the price or the manner in which the price is calculated;

(h)
the existence of a specific price advantage;

I would contend that a breach of regulation would exist in full from the outset but could only, perhaps, be actioned upon a continued breach after the initial breach was made known to the transgressor, if only to negate any defence of 'genuine mistake'.

5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(2) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph—

(a)
if it contains false information and is therefore untruthful in relation to any of the matters in paragraph (4) or if it or its overall presentation in any way deceives or is likely to deceive the average consumer in relation to any of the matters in that paragraph, even if the information is factually correct;
and

(b)
it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise.

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(a)
it concerns any marketing of a product (including comparative advertising) which creates confusion with any products, trade marks, trade names or other distinguishing marks of a competitor; or

and it causes or is likely to cause the average consumer to take a transactional decision he would not have taken otherwise, taking account of its factual context and of all its features and circumstances.
the problem is that at the till they say "butt plugs at 19.99?" and that gives you a final opportunity to agree or decline to the sale.

so even if the book was wrong, and the website were wrong and the price on the shelf was wrong, as long as the woman behind the desk says a price and gives you the opportunity to decline the transaction then its fine.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I bought a sofa from Argos recently (it was for a property I was renting to someone, I'm not the sort of person who has to buy my own furniture.)

Anyway two weeks later, it was reduced by 200 odd quid. Missus got on the phone to customer services and they just put the difference back in our account. No quibbles, no questions asked.

Fair play if you ask me.

I must confess, I also own a Citizen watch which I believe came from Argos.

Tis 2 different regulations, they don't have to sell you anything, but they could still be due an arse kicking off trading standards.

They do let you reserve stuff online though, which must amount to some sort of promise, start a small claims action for your bus fare.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A The Training Wing 16
archer The Intelligence Cell 19
discodan The NAAFI Bar 17