Argies Targetting Oil Companies in the courts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Infiltrator, Mar 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The article fails to mention which courts. Furthermore, post 2003 there has developed this fashion for people with strong, often ill-informed opinions to declare everything controversial and displeasing, at least to them regarding international relations as 'illegal'. I do wish they would all **** off.
    • Like Like x 2

2. A whole week on ARRSE without a new Falklands thread!!!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. This may come as a surprise to Urugauy and Brazil I suspect.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. I think this sort of childish behavior is more likely to hurt the argie economy than ours. They are trying very hard to make life difficult for the islanders though.
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

It's not as if Rockhopper et al have a presence in BA. So if this does come to anything what's to stop the companies from telling BA to do one?

6. Oh I expect they'll go kick a llama or something equally petulant.
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

So what they gonna do
    Send a couple of fat spick bouncers out in a rowning boat shouting "Oi you can't drill for oil here"

I await the "Falkands Bouncers appeal to court that orreebelle ingleesh soldiers are wearing trainers on the Malvinas". thread
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

the mad cow has even managed to piss of the Spanish and it takes some doing to get them off their collective arrses. She has stated she will take the REPSOL refinery into state ownership. Apparently even the King of Spain phoned her and asked her not to be so silly.
  9. Is all this going to effect my corned beef? I've not read the tin recently. Are they still our main suppliers?
  10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Your****ed they've gone on a war footing and started removing the keys to the tins.
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Likely some drilling rights if there's any seams are found to continue under Argentina perhaps?

I'm sure as an internatiional drilling exploration company, it's probably not in their interest to tell anyone to 'do one', unless as is reported, they find a stack of the black stuff off the FI and get a decent share in the rights/profits/whatever
  12. I think the thing to remember chaps is that Senora Presidente is not only Menopausal but suffering from a Cancer of some sort, so, it,s bound to make the scraggy bint a tad crazy and pissed off in general, but dont worry, it,ll all be over soon.
  13. The woman is a fruit-bat but a cunning one.
    Hopefully cancer will get the better of her before she causes more problems. Much more cost effective for us in terms of money and relations if she just dies, Argentina would be better off too.