Argies might invade Falklands again.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Apr 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. fu2

fu2 LE

are the Argies SF up to the task ?
  2. Sieze the airfield with special forces troops hidden in civilian aircraft?

Have the Argentinians have given that plan the code name "Operation Certain Death"?
  3. If this is their plan. Their opsec is pump.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Can I have some of what he's drinking?

As far as I can tell, we've not changed the defence of the islands at all since the Argies started being extra arsey (although they're trying to say that we have); we've still got the same number of infantry, one ship and four typhoons just like we've always had.

But prepare for 50 pages of utter bollocks nonetheless...
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Might as well have one of these roll up!

Attached Files:

6. They get a lot of US training in various US schools, Ranger School, School Of The Americas etc etc but they have had a serious brain drain since the US PMC's came along and started offering better money.
  7. [​IMG]

Cue another 20+ page thread of same stuff being repeated and debated, over and over again. Maybe the Argies should just do it, for the hell of it, just to get this of ARRSErs' systems.
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Is it just me or has the headline to that article got nothing to do with what he said?
  9. FFS, with the greatest of respect to Maj Gen Thompson, doesn't he know we've had 25 threads on the subject already?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I mean even cold war TA could defeat the plan that entails sweeping onto an airfield in an airliner you might get a couple of lads out but a GPMG would mallet the rest and or set the airliner alight.
    a c130 makes a slightly better idea but only slightly the tactical assualt by C130 is fun to do ands great training but against anybody more competant than the acf is suicide.
    possibly if the entire mount pleasant airbase is rendered drunk not beyond the possibility :)
    but otherwise its a non starter.
    wibble we need aircraft carriers harrier Sharky on a flying unicorn with princess di etc etc.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. [​IMG]

SF penguins, the little sods are already have the place surrounded.
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Yes. Those six radar-less, CAS jets must have been keeping the pressure off her until now. Smithers! Release the Mirages!!

Attached Files:

13. With HMS Dauntless in the area, and no doubt an Astute class sub in the vicinity the Argies have **** all chance of succeeding.

Failing that, we'll just have to wheel out PRT in his wheelchair and airdrop him somewhere close.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Was Sir Galahad HMS? Surely she was RFA?