Argies claim the Falklands - yet again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The IOC won't let them. They're very strict about political demonstrations at the Olympics. IIRC, the Americans wanted to carry a tattered flag from ground zero during the opening ceremony a few years ago but they were not allowed.

Edited to add:-

Perhaps some new events could be added to placate our Latin American chums-

Swim For Your Life (Raft)
    The swimmers line up as usual but instead of firing a starting pistol, the time keeper explodes a Mk 8 torpedo. As the surviving swimmers hit the water, a load of life rafts are inflated in the deep end. Last one doesn't get an immersion suit and dies of hypothermia.

Run For Your Life
    Like the relay race with 2 Arg and 2 Para in each team. The objective is not to let the Brits catch up with you.

Looooooooong Jump
    Similar to the existing event except the pit is full of water instead of sand. Also it's 200 miles long. You jump from one end and Sharkey Ward shoots at you while you are in flight.

"Moral Victory" Gymnastics
    Hands to be kept above head at all times.
    • Like Like x 17
  2. Bless em, they will be mentioned at the Olympics for something after all.
  3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Simples. We wear a strip saying, 'No they're ******* not.'

Job done. Next...
    • Like Like x 12
  4. Tommy Smith and John Carlos were banned after their Black Power salutes in 1968. And they won Gold and Bronze respectively in the 200m. Can't imagine a load of no-hopers from the arse-end of civilization being allowed to loll around making the place look untidy with their hand-written t-shirts and bad attitudes.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. If i wore glasses on occasion, which i don't, i'd put the buggers on to read that...
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It'd be a bugger to fit on a sporting uniform:

"The Falklands were briefly occupied by Argentina while the British were busy elsewhere and when push comes to shove, we got our collective arses handed to us"

Probably wouldn't look that good on a water polo cap or running vest.

Perhaps a banner?
  7. That'll teach me for pissing around with the controls.
  8. Or why bother, let them turn up with their new national flag, white, plain white and replace the frogs as cheese eating surrendering monkeys??
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fair play to the Argies, they do make half decent wine. Allegedly.
  10. Let me correct that for you mucker.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Perhaps we could put a Rockhopper Petroluem logo on our kit? ;P
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

At times like this, I want a 'dislike' button. Even if they do actually make a decent wine.
  13. Can I ask how we're going to stop them doing this? We don't have the aircraft carrier or long range strike capability and are far too busy elsewhere!

Oh sorry wrong thread about the Falklands.

{Steps back and fecks off}
  14. Tell you what, we know there's more chance of Derek Acorah channelling Robin Cook for a special one-off during the next session of parliament. Why don't we charge them the maximum price for printing those shirts and make money off it. Thanks to them the Falklands became profitable again. Could be worth a shot..hard times and all.