Argies abandon siezed vessel.

Seves the Argies right for deciding not to pay back any of their many creditors :p

As an aside, freaky 'Photo of the Week' next to it. New fetish in hot places?

Please please lets buy and rename her the Maggie T.

M

Mr_Tigger

I am willing to contribute upwards of forty of my English Pounds to go towards purchase and upkeep of the ARRSE Ship, A.S. Schadenfreude.

Typical.

They get upset about fuel being withheld from a... sailing ship.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Huge sigh of relief as maritime threat to FI is reduced.

Hope 'vulture funds' sue to impound the money to be used for the crew's air tickets & keep. Must be some Arg money in a bank somewhere for this.

Clearly Argentina should send another vessel to collect the crew, which should also be impounded. :)

The vulture funds are pretty ****ing dubious when argentina went bankrupt this fund brought up debt and then when the creditors admitted argentina had gone down the drain and could never repay its loans.
So did a deal these tossers decided to "hold out" for the full amount betting that everybody else would get sick of there game playing and sort the mess out then decide to come back later acting all angry. they got themselves banned from using uk courts.

but its argentina the falklands islands goverement should buy it and moor it in stanley harbour :)

Clearly Argentina should send another vessel to collect the crew, which should also be impounded. :)
The presidential plane ( yes , they have one despite being the biggest debtor nation ever ) is not used on foreign trips in case the same thing happens , as the creditors are tracking it too .
What no Argie newspaper is pointing out is that the debt spiral started with the huge re-armament programme of the late 70's under the military , which ultimately led to their failed conquest of the FI .
In the meantime , their ARRSE of a foreign secretary is trying to negotiate the release in the UN ( where no one cares ) whilst also continuing his tedious monologues about the islands to the de- colonization committe in the room next door .
What a bunch of utter twonks .

We should offer them a few rowboats and let em do a highly impressive impression of a Shackleton-esque escape

This is an interesting story of national insolvency.

Similarly, my (very limited) understanding of the Euro crisis is that governements are busy printing noney ( a typo there, but it seems appropriate, so I'll leave it) and government bonds in order to continue financing their welfare states. The biggest money-pit welfare state is the good old UK. Many of the the investors buying up these bonds are, apparently, Chinese.

So, the serious question is, what happens in , let us say, 10 years' time when a UK government decides that these bonds are worthless?

Do the Chinese/Russians etc., give a collective shrug of their shoulders, causing the earth to wobble in it's orbit, and walk away? Or do they send in the bailiffs to collect goods to the value of the debt? The latter scenario would involve much bigger Chinese/Russian armed forces, much, much smaller UK/EEC armed forces and the Chinese don't much like 'us' anyway (opium trading, Righteous and Harmonious Fists', century of humiliation, etc).

So, break out the crystal ball and crack on.

This is an interesting story of national insolvency.

Similarly, my (very limited) understanding of the Euro crisis is that governements are busy printing noney ( a typo there, but it seems appropriate, so I'll leave it) and government bonds in order to continue financing their welfare states. The biggest money-pit welfare state is the good old UK. Many of the the investors buying up these bonds are, apparently, Chinese.

So, the serious question is, what happens in , let us say, 10 years' time when a UK government decides that these bonds are worthless?

Do the Chinese/Russians etc., give a collective shrug of their shoulders, causing the earth to wobble in it's orbit, and walk away? Or do they send in the bailiffs to collect goods to the value of the debt? The latter scenario would involve much bigger Chinese/Russian armed forces, much, much smaller UK/EEC armed forces and the Chinese don't much like 'us' anyway (opium trading, Righteous and Harmonious Fists', century of humiliation, etc).

So, break out the crystal ball and crack on.

Owe the bank £1000 and its your problem, owe the bank £100,000 and its their problem.

Chinese seem to have figotten that one.

Owe the bank £1000 and its your problem, owe the bank £100,000 and its their problem.
I'd suggest that if that bank could deploy a modern and well-equipped PLA to grab whatever they fancied, then it would be most definitely YOUR problem.