Argie' Shame!

Meanwhile, in the UK, the health and care sectors are mercifully free of horror stories featuring degrading conditions, violence, shit doctors and nurses etc.

An Argentinian newspaper broke the story, I get the impression a shit storm has resulted. Probably not official policy.

Hard to credit it, but Argentina was the 8th richest country on Earth a century ago,
What a state of affairs. No wonder she is pinning her hopes on a small outpost of islands off the coast. And no wonder those islands don't want to be Argentinean.

Hard to credit it, but Argentina was the 8th richest country on Earth a century ago,
And now they're 63rd, behind Kazakhstan and Latvia.

How the 'mighty' fall, eh? Ah well, get it up them.

What? They haven't embraced 'care in the community'?

Shocking!

Meanwhile, in the UK, the health and care sectors are mercifully free of horror stories featuring degrading conditions, violence, shit doctors and nurses etc.

An Argentinian newspaper broke the story, I get the impression a shit storm has resulted. Probably not official policy.
Theres always some one trying to make the UK look shit when someone comes up with such a story like this. Yes there are some bad things that happen in the NHS, nothing is perfect, but the NHS is f*cking fantastic when compared to a majority of the countries in the world. Now tell me, which would you prefer? An NHS hospital or the one shown in the OPs link?

Theres always some one trying to make the UK look shit when someone comes up with such a story like this. Yes there are some bad things that happen in the NHS, nothing is perfect, but the NHS is f*cking fantastic when compared to a majority of the countries in the world. Now tell me, which would you prefer? An NHS hospital or the one shown in the OPs link?
The NHS equivalent is a Dr. saying "here's some pills, now bog off back to your bedsit and try not to stab anyone."

Now tell me, which would you prefer? An NHS hospital or the one shown in the OPs link?
Are those my only options? The one in the OP's link is a psychiatric hospital, not the sort of place I'd take myself with a stab wound. It is also a bit far away and I get the impression, now closed.

The story is all over Argentinian TV although I don't know if the ministers being interviewed are saying "what's not to like?" or "it's a disgrace, someone is going to jail."

No, I'm not in Argentina.

I remember reading in one of the many books on the subject about Toms "down south" on the hunt for souvenirs just after the war, finding a position that had evidence that the former resident had died. When they examined the kit lying about they found loads of toys and formulated the rather nasty opinion that at least one of the Argie dead had been "not quite right".

There's something quite nasty about that thought.