Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by SmithsRail, Dec 6, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ffs my recruiter told me I'll be starting Phase 1 Basic Training at the end of January, I get a ******* letter today saying my intake date is 3rd March, how ******* long is that!

(If anyone else is at ATR Winchester 3rd March 2008 let's make love or something)
  2. Meh these things happen, I was hopeing to be in late september/early november and I got 21st January. Nothing that could of been helped though, took 5months just to get my medical cleared because they lost 1 of the forms then my eye test wasnt recent enough (even though they say within 12months and I was on month 11 but apparently by the time I was in it would be too dated) followed by a suspected heart murmur, then waiting 1 1/2 months for the AT CAB so Iv been in the system for over a year now... horrah!
  3. HA!! beginners the both of you, i first applied at 17 and due to being defered im starting my basic in january at the grand age of 23 :p

Seriously though mate dont stress about it, look at it in a different light and use the time to your advantage (being Welsh March the 1st quite appeals to me lol)

Good luck to you both, hope you achieve all that you aim for.
  4. Sorry, I thought it was a thread about my c ock again ;)
  5. Look on the bright side - you should have better weather for your training and when you Pass Off you should be on the Parade Ground & not in a Drill Shed. Dont be in such a hurry to get your head shot off in Iraq. :thumright:
  6. And thats why hes an oxygen theif!
  7. in total my wait to start phase 1 training would be 3 months and 25 days (probably because of christmas)
  8. I was hoping to go Harrogate in September but didnt make the intake by no fault of my own. Ive been waiting since June, its flew by.