Argentinians Whining About the Falklands....Again

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CavalryCaptain, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think both mainland brits and falkland islanders have earned the right to be a little proud of what was achived

if this comes across to the losing nation as being arrogant then tough

2. I'd nail her

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've said this before, and I'll say it again...

The Falkland Islands should be re-named as,

The British Falkland Islands.

Sort of makes the point rather clearly doesn't it.

Ok, so start campaigning for the change....

• Like Like x 14
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

we have to be arrogant as its the only bluff we've got. whats annoying is the dispute isnt even theirs, if anything its with spain. which does to be fair make it easier to go to war with them so maybe someone should challenge it.

5. Right to self determination is a cornerstone of UN ideology and it is much more important than decolonialisation which was the spics reasoning in 1982, i surely doubt the UN's views could have changed since then. I think the only way this will be settled is to invade Argentina, at least it will give us something to do after Herrick winds down.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Question

This James Peck who accepted Argentine citizenship should he still be allowed to live on the Falklands?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Grumblegrunt

as I understand it he has an argie dad doesnt he? though no mention of whether the sexual union in question was of a 'surprise' nature!

8. It said his dad "fought for the British" during the war.

Ah you get oddballs everywhere. He may have an Argentine lady/male "friend" or it could just be a "look at me/**** you" gesture to people on the Islands for something.

9. Grumblegrunt

must have been his mum then - I'm sure I read he was half caste somewhere.

10. It get's better.

Which is what the BBC say....but his wiki page say's he died in 2006....

Terry Peck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

11. You want to ask Jimmy OC on here about Terry Peck and how he mucked in with 3 Para during the conflict.

12. James Peck in my eyes is a traitor! Probably doing it as a tax dodge! By the way, if you want some fun to rile up the Argies... search 'Las Malvinas' on facebook.. There are half a dozen 'cause' pages with the Argentines crying about it and the injustice... Maybe Evita's song runs true to them lol! I say we plague their pages with Union Jacks and youtube Videos of the British Army doing what they do best!

13. Drinking & shagging fat birds? I think you'll get banned very quickly on youtube and facebook if you put that up.

• Like Like x 8
  14. The Argentines have in effect been handed the Falkland Islands due to the pusillanimous politicians that have 'governed' Britain since 1997.

The Red Arrows and some yellow Sea King variants will not recover these islands the next time the Argentines mount an invasion force. The Woolwich Ferry may have to be deployed in extremis

I am off to the Memorial Service for Admiral of the Fleet Sir Henry Leach later today - I bet the great man is spinning in his grave over the stupidity of the current government's Defence so-called Policy.