Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mark3536, Mar 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

A spokesman for a leading Buenos Aires-based war vets' association, reigniting fears a new conflict is looming, vowed: 'If the Malvinas cannot be recovered peacefully we will return as soldiers.

The paper calls this a "chilling message." "Ridiculous" is the adjective I would have used.

I can't argue with Veterans Assoc Chairman Cesar Trejo's comments calling for peaceful demos outside the UK Embassy, a Greenpeasce-style demo and a boycott of British products; such are his rights.

I wonder if UK Falklands Veterans would care to return the compliment outside the Argentinian Embassy?
  2. Can they take Milan with them again?
  3. Don't forget the 66s.

Oh and a few CBUs. :D
  4. mysteron

mysteron LE Book Reviewer

My first thought is that time must be a healer because they seem to have forgotten what they went through last time they invaded.

If Argentinan Veterans fought and suffered terribly when they were 20 years old, what hope now they are near 50?

So could it possibly medi hype..... from the Daily Wail....never.
  5. :D
  6. Why don't we turn this into a 'what would happen if the Argentinians tried to invade/invaded again' thread...

We haven't had one for, oh, at least a week now?

7. Great article , Daily Mail... "Chilling" message to Gordon Brown from some argentine govt sponsored loudmouth who "threatened" to take the islands back by force. Errr ... How is he going to get there ? Plane to Heathrow , taxi to Brize and a flight down , or is he chartering a fishing boat and sailing there ?
    Furthermore , quoting " Cronica" is like quoting the Daily Sport.
    Note to the editor : This is not a news article , its utter b*llocks , as usual.
  8. Does it mean someone is finally going to clear up all the scrap on South Georgia?
  9. Well if they are anything like me then don't worry the Falklands are in safe hands because I am 50 and I am Fu*ked

And I ain't going back.....

10. Oh how worrying.

The Falklands are being threatened by a load of tubby 50-something ex-conscripts with 2 decades old equipment.

How on, no, my mistake, that's the TA.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Well, herrumph! They are threatening to boycott British products, invade odds and sods 'Greenpeace style', and maybe even burn out some banks . . . . . . .

Carry on, don't mind us, we're not here, ok?