Argentine flag at FA Cup?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by ozgrunt, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How come that player was able to wear the Argy Flag up the steps at the FA cup to get the Cup from a Serving Brit Soldier? UTER CRAP!!

2. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Err because its his national flag, there was a City supporting Solider invited to present the cup and.... err..... thats it really. Not seeing what the issue is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Apparantly there were some foreign johnnies playing for Man City!!! Absolute disgrace, soiling the hallowed Wembley turf. And as for forcing a serving soldier to talk to an Argy....we'll have soldiers living in Germany next!!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't start us on the slippery slope. The next thing you know HM will want to visit Ireland........hang on!!

edited to add. According to Wiki Tevez was born 5 February 1984. So I'm pretty sure he wasn't involved in any fighting!

• Like Like x 3
  4. It's quite simple. The Argies lost the Falklands war. We won the Falklands war. It finished almost 30 years ago. Get over it.

5. Oooofff bloody terrible at this rate their next owner will be one of that dodgy middle eastern lot ...ohh hang on.

6. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Apparently there is one or two colonials playing in English football. I havn't forgiven them for the Yorktown disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, as someone who was at Wembley I can only remember Pablo being presented with a winners medal & not any islands

8. As far i am concerned it would be like someone wearing a VC flag and claiming one of our Cups? I would be interested in hearing what the Families and or Vets of the Falklands War thought of the occation. 2nd sore point for me as the game was dam boring! Particulary at 2am! GO THE REDS (not m.u.!)

9. Look please do not take this the wrong way,your an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Some of these foreign jonny's earn over a hunred pounds a week, would you believe!

11. I don't mind the Argies winning stuff now and then. We beat them in 1982 when it really mattered.

In any case, they played hard but fair, unlike most of our other opposition, and most of the guys I know who went south with the Task Force don't hold any grudges.

As has been said before, it was a long time ago - get over it.

Rodney2q

12. Rodney2q, - ok fair enough!

13. Falklands Vet here.

Are you trying to say that we should not allow any Argentinians on our little island, in case they all get together in a scrap yard just off the M25 and raise a flag causing an international incident.

Personally I didn't see it, but I assume we are talking about the stumpy one who looks like he fell asleep in an ashtray. If he wishes to parade his National Flag around then fair enough, if however he was to get to the top of the steps and start spouting off about Las Malvinas, then Sgt with large shiny cup has every right to fit it tightly over his greasy head and give him an almighty whack with the base.

I know some Vets and some Islanders who cannot abide Argentinians, but, as has been said it is 29 years ago and most of us couldn't give a flying, however if they start cruising towards the Islands again, I would happily volunteer to go down again.

14. Fuck me this got holed as I was posting!!

Agree with Rodders