Argentine Cruise Ship invasions - Shooting yourselves in the foot

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Travelgall, Dec 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Falklands

Oh How I laughed. It seems that Cruise Ship Companies are now swerving Argentina after Unions took over the ships whilst the local Plod stood around like Potted Palms. The Chileans are the main beneficiaries of the Argentine Stupidity.

• Like Like x 7
  2. So, moral of the story is - Behave like annoying knobs = Get ignored and by-passed. Works fo rme.

• Like Like x 1
  3. They wanted the ships to change the route they take they have Glorious victory for argentina!

Oh wait :) bwhahahaahahhahaha.
    We should open negociations just to watch argentina **** it up with no help from us.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Would appear they have got their way as regards changing their itineraries.........now bypassing Argentinian ports, leading to loss of revenue. Unions the world over I fear!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Do the cruise lines lose anything from not going to Tierra del Fuego?

Do they gain anything from going to the Falklands?

Or is it just a case of not wishing to be pushed about?

6. If only the Argies had Harrier in service - then they'd show those evil cruise companies what for...

• Like Like x 5
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

considering the way chile bent over backwards to help us in 82 I allways wondered why (besides the longer flight time) there wasn't a stronger link between them and the FI. south chile like argentina is full of UK descendants as well.

is there not a way the FI can sign a mutual treaty type of thing as its not worth being nice to Buenos aires with Nigella in power.

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

But only if the ships were cruising less than 2 days travel from Argie ports

9. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

... and a few of those... hawd on... what's the name of that rifle... SL something... I need a wee.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I pay a great deal of money to spend my leisure time in places cruise ships do not visit. It would appear I now have a couple of new options.

This is a good thing. All citizens will rejoice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. i hadnt realized Argentina was populated with Simians

12. All citizens rejoicing now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Is this because of the number of cruise ship have you down as a deserter? The books showing TID(R).

All those cruise ships stranded because they could not leave port without their dance instructor cum bingo caller. :geek:

• Like Like x 1
  14. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Magellan statue, Punta Arenas (Seaweed wuz there):

[​IMG]

They say that if you rub the foot of the figure with his leg dangling down you will surely return.

Absolutely ace crabs called centollas sold at the side of the road.