Argentina 'to use YPF to search for Falkland Islands oil'

C

cloudbuster

For a fee, not inconsiderable I might add, I can save KFC a lot of bother by telling her that yes, there are hydrocarbon deposits under the seabed in the vicinity of the Falkland Islands. If she wants some, the Falkland Island Government own the rights to extract it, and may sell her a little.

But only if she asks politely.

P

PrinceAlbert

Am I having a case of deja-vu? I'm sure I've read that article before. Months ago.

For a fee, not inconsiderable I might add, I can save KFC a lot of bother by telling her that yes, there are hydrocarbon deposits under the seabed in the vicinity of the Falkland Islands. If she wants some, the Falkland Island Government own the rights to extract it, and may sell her a little.

But only if she asks politely.
The Belgrano's bunker fuel?

I would imagine that the "Oil Company formerly known as Repsol" (YTF) will need to raise a fair amount of capital to set up an offshore drilling operation. Since YTF was seized from its Spanish owners, I would suspect that international investment funds (owned as they are by fat bastards with stars and stripes waistcoats and dollar signs on their top hats) will not be willing to invest. Therefore if you live in Argentina and own a no 22 meccanno set (or bigger) expect it to be confiscated. The plastic moonbat will need it to build her drilling rig!

I can't see an issue - the Argies keep providing the kit that we need to explore for oil, and we seize it when it's used illegally.

Then keep it as reparations for '82... much cheaper than buying the stuff ourselves!

If only we had a carrier launched STOVL subsonic air superiority fighter - that would show them!

If only we had a carrier launched STOVL subsonic air superiority fighter - that would show them!
And if only us infantry had a proper calibre for our personal weapons. Something like 7.62 perhaps. Real mans calibre that.

let em find it. Then tell them that's what they could have won. A la Jim Bowen style.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer