Argentina Marks Belgrano Sinking

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by tiny_lewis, May 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 5
  1. Happy Dago-drowning Day to you all. I'll later raise a glass of seawater mixed with Brylcreem and garlic in their honour.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 10
  2. While I agree with what you're saying there's a part of me that thinks if the roles were reversed they'd be having a ruddy great parade.

260137_109555152470671_100002485615066_89537_2236888_n.jpg

This one never gets old.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Conscripts or not they would have done the same given chance so fcuk em.

• Like Like x 3
  4. May I remind you all, we are British.

We play cricket by the rules etc...

Once the ship/boat is sunk the sea is common enemy. I feel this is a new low even for Arrse, we can celebrate victory but surely should not revel in the deaths of another soldier sailor or airman?

Theirs is not to reason why...

• Like Like x 19
  5. I agree with JerryCan. As an important, and war changing, event that it was; gloating over the death of 323 men/women is wrong.

Even if they kicked it off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. It's the NAAFI bar, so it's a free-fire zone.

See what I did there? ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Just to put it into perspective, would we be happy if the Germans celebrated Glug Glug Hood Day? Or the Argies celebrated Crispy Brit day after some of their attacks led to badly burnt soldiers.

As far as I'm aware neither have overtly celebrated such action

In the interest of this being the NAAFI you can't try and torpedo my argument because I'm heading away from the conflict zone and I'm outside the exclusion limit.

8. I was not revelling in their deaths , I just don't care about their losses , they were / are the enemy and the RN should be congratulated on what they did.

9. The problem with text is its very difficult to see context. My apologies for the assumption

10. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

You sanctimonious pricks. The Argies are only having a "comemoration" for political reasons - nothing like turning the crew into martyrs to win votes - without actually caring about them. So why should we? Well done HMS Conqueror. Shame we didn't get their carrier as well and make it a double celebration.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Johny Foreigner does lots of things we don't do including surrender...

If the Argies jumped off a bridge would you?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Are we picking our targets now?

I didn't see anyone getting upset when we were cracking gags about 9/11 and Maddie and some poor cunt getting a chainsaw to the canister. As soon as its soldiers we start developing wafer skin.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

No, but my dad's bigger than your dad. How fucking old are you?

As to whether it's right or not:

1. It's the naafi. If you don't like it, go somewhere else
    2. http://www.arrse.co.uk/now-thats-what-i-call-naafi-bar/93480-happy-st-skyscrapers-day.html

go and read that classic and have a big cry about insensitivity

• Like Like x 2