Argentina Marks Belgrano Sinking

Not really a subject we should gloat over mate. Most of them would have been conscripts.
While I agree with what you're saying there's a part of me that thinks if the roles were reversed they'd be having a ruddy great parade.

260137_109555152470671_100002485615066_89537_2236888_n.jpg

This one never gets old.

May I remind you all, we are British.

We play cricket by the rules etc...

Once the ship/boat is sunk the sea is common enemy. I feel this is a new low even for Arrse, we can celebrate victory but surely should not revel in the deaths of another soldier sailor or airman?

Theirs is not to reason why...

P

PrinceAlbert

I agree with JerryCan. As an important, and war changing, event that it was; gloating over the death of 323 men/women is wrong.

Even if they kicked it off.

Not really a subject we should gloat over mate. Most of them would have been conscripts.
It's the NAAFI bar, so it's a free-fire zone.

See what I did there? ;-)

Just to put it into perspective, would we be happy if the Germans celebrated Glug Glug Hood Day? Or the Argies celebrated Crispy Brit day after some of their attacks led to badly burnt soldiers.

As far as I'm aware neither have overtly celebrated such action

In the interest of this being the NAAFI you can't try and torpedo my argument because I'm heading away from the conflict zone and I'm outside the exclusion limit.

May I remind you all, we are British.

We play cricket by the rules etc...

Once the ship/boat is sunk the sea is common enemy. I feel this is a new low even for Arrse, we can celebrate victory but surely should not revel in the deaths of another soldier sailor or airman?

Theirs is not to reason why...
I was not revelling in their deaths , I just don't care about their losses , they were / are the enemy and the RN should be congratulated on what they did.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
You sanctimonious pricks. The Argies are only having a "comemoration" for political reasons - nothing like turning the crew into martyrs to win votes - without actually caring about them. So why should we? Well done HMS Conqueror. Shame we didn't get their carrier as well and make it a double celebration.

You sanctimonious pricks. The Argies are only having a "comemoration" for political reasons - nothing like turning the crew into martyrs to win votes - without actually caring about them. So why should we? Well done HMS Conqueror. Shame we didn't get their carrier as well and make it a double celebration.
Johny Foreigner does lots of things we don't do including surrender...

If the Argies jumped off a bridge would you?

Are we picking our targets now?

I didn't see anyone getting upset when we were cracking gags about 9/11 and Maddie and some poor cunt getting a chainsaw to the canister. As soon as its soldiers we start developing wafer skin.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Just to put it into perspective, would we be happy if the Germans celebrated Glug Glug Hood Day? Or the Argies celebrated Crispy Brit day after some of their attacks led to badly burnt soldiers.

As far as I'm aware neither have overtly celebrated such action

In the interest of this being the NAAFI you can't try and torpedo my argument because I'm heading away from the conflict zone and I'm outside the exclusion limit.
Had they been commemorating the tragic loss of life, I would agree wholeheartedly with you, but I was disappointed, though not surprised, to see this:
"On days like these, we remember that there is a mission that is not over," Belgrano survivor Admiral Jorge Castro said at the ceremony.

"There are 323 voices calling to us that there is an open wound. Every day they they remind us that the Malvinas are, were and will be Argentine."
I feel sorry for the relatives of those who lost their lives, but Argentina and her leaders can go and fuck themselves.

Are we picking our targets now?

I didn't see anyone getting upset when we were cracking gags about 9/11 and Maddie and some poor cunt getting a chainsaw to the canister. As soon as its soldiers we start developing wafer skin.
Yeah, what has maddie done (other than paint the inside of a few members sheds) or what have the victims of 9/11 done for us?

An unfortunate analogy, since the exclusion zone was for the safety of neutral merchant shipping and Argentine vessels and aircraft anywhere were legitimate targets. Even the Argentines have accepted that.

But agreed, there is no cause for celebration here.

The Argentine casualties should be remembered as the lamented victims of a government of cunts. Such casualties are something that we in the UK share with them.

First of all, Rest in Peace to the 323 sailors who lost their lives. They were though at the time, the enemy and the sinking of the Belgrano was an event in a war started by Argentina invading the Falkland Islands.

I think Argentina has every right to commemorate the loss of their servicemen. Indeed I would be very surprised if they didn't. This report though tell's us that they also used the ceremony to re-iterate their claim to the Falklands.

Phrases such as "On days like these, we remember that there is a mission that is not over," Belgrano survivor Admiral Jorge Castro said at the ceremony, demonstrate that the memory of those who lost their lives are being used to keep the embers burning on the Falklands belong to us bonfire.

To be honest, what's the difference between the old military junta and the present "democratically elected" regime as far as the Falklands issue is concerned. Other than the fact that the current lot haven't put boots on the ground, the rhetoric is very similar.

That's why, in spite of the fact that so many lost their lives, I don't really have much sympathy for them.