Argentina going tits up!!

• Thread starter Deleted 20555
  • Start date
This time they'll be able to sink themselves.

I am sure their fiscal problems would be solved overnight if we gave them the Malvinas back.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Gosh it's St Schadenfreude's Day again.

"Currency controls aimed at reducing rampant tax evasion have fueled anxiety about the economy, accelerating capital flight and discouraging investment."

So just like Greece then, entirely self-inflicted. Pay yer taxes yer fuckwits. It's how civilised countries work.

On the plus side, they are so far away we won't get hordes of the fuckers looking for asylum. Hopefully.

.... and of course in the background amongst the other international financial problems is this little matterof none payments to the USA after their earlier economic crisis ....

"I have determined that it is appropriate to suspend Argentina's designation as a beneficiary country under the GSP program because it has not acted in good faith in enforcing arbitral awards in favor of U.S. owned companies," Obama wrote.
U.S. concerns center on awards of more than $300 million for U.S. companies that have remained pending for almost a decade.
... full article .... Argentina courts trouble over unpaid debts - UPI.com .... I suppose they can expect no aid of any type this time from the USA .

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
"Currency controls aimed at reducing rampant tax evasion have fueled anxiety about the economy, accelerating capital flight and discouraging investment."

So just like Greece then, entirely self-inflicted. Pay yer taxes yer fuckwits. It's how civilised countries work.

On the plus side, they are so far away we won't get hordes of the fuckers looking for asylum. Hopefully.
With the record we've got, I wouldn't fucking count on it.

T

trowel

Why don`t the Argies just give themselves back to Spain. That would have the effect of solving Spains financial problems, it would stop all the nonsense about the "Malvinas", and it would give the Argentinians someone to blame for all their woes.

I think it is now time for caution. Their government may try desperate measures and may try to annex the Falklands

My God, you may be right.