Argentina crashed again ….

Upset by his austerity measures in trying to reform a fundamentally corrupt and debt ridden economy , the electorate decided to " punish " Mauricio Macri , the right of centre reformist incumbent , at Sunday's primaries ( Quite how you punish a billionaire who has effectively taken a 5 year sabbatical to try to help you by firing him is beyond me ) .
Needless to say , the markets don't fancy the return of Cristina and it's blown up in the electorate's face

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Upset by his austerity measures in trying to reform a fundamentally corrupt and debt ridden economy , the electorate decided to " punish " Mauricio Macri , the right of centre reformist incumbent , at Sunday's primaries ( Quite how you punish a billionaire who has effectively taken a 5 year sabbatical to try to help you by firing him is beyond me ) .
Needless to say , the markets don't fancy the return of Cristina and it's blown up in the electorate's face
Yep - one of my work colleagues is based in Argentina. He's not a happy bunny and will be moving his family to a neighbouring country if Cristina gets in. According to my colleague, Macri has made big strides in clearing up the mess the Argentinian economy had got into - Cristina is about to trash it again.

Looks like Venezuelan is about to get some competition for worst run South American country. As my colleague recently remarked:
Greenland will look like a nice place to live if these blokes go to the government again, LOL
Wordsmith

One time before when this happened they tried to invade the Falkland Islands.
This to make the Junta look good, You can bet the reception will be a bit better this time.

One time before when this happened they tried to invade the Falkland Islands.
This to make the Junta look good, You can bet the reception will be a bit better this time.
They literally have no armed forces left ...
The present policy is to bore us to death , as it's cheaper .

Blogg

LE
The sound you can also hear is that of a lot of well developed foreign investment and development plans (all based off the end of crippling Kirchner protectionism and generally bonkers populist policies) hitting the bottom of the wastebin because it is clear that Macri is done.

Still it is nothing new. The Argentine Peso has suffered a few collapses in the past: 1876, 1890, 1914, 1930, 1952, 1958, 1967, 1975, 1985, 1989, 2001 & 2018

They only need to go 200 miles, I wouldn’t be worrying to much about performance.
I guess there's no need carry any fuel for a return journey they won't be making.

Does this mean that the Falkland Islanders are safe for another year from yet more talk of retaking the Malvinas?