Area 51

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Grumblegrunt, May 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

if you do torrents then I found an ebook, audio book and doco on this

'Area 51': Book review -

I often use fact based audio books to help be get to sleep but have found myself replaying the sections over and over as it is fascinating. the authors voice isnt bad either

ie.. they found a crashed saucer which apparently has cyrillic writing on it so they assumed that stalin had got a better set of scientists of hitler in the closing down sale. or that krushchev went mental at the fact that the U2 overflights were known about but they couldnt get anything up to them, so the US tried radar absorbing paint which made the aircraft overheat and promptly crash.
  2. wasnae aliens?

It was a Russian flying saucer?
  3. No, it was still aliens, but illegal ones rather than space ones.
  4. Grumblegrunt

well its documented fact that the mayans were founded by visiting predators
  5. My personal opinion is that it suited the US military to cultivate the stories of UFOs in order to carry out testflights of experimental aircraft

place a couple of carefully crafted stories in the press and then deny deny deny and forever more the Conspricy Theorists will be buying tin foil
  6. Grumblegrunt

they has a press blackout so the press just made stories up, cia cottoned on to this and left it alone. the silvery lights in the sky were apparently due to area 51 being the U2 base first of all and the polished plane (paint being too heavy and costing 1500 feet) reflecting the light funny as it was twice as wide as it was long.

when I suss it out properly I'll post it up for sharing
  7. didn't know that about the U2
  8. Grumblegrunt

its fascinating, prior to that the raf got a lot of cash out of the USAF for overflights of soviet territory because they were restricted by congress hence the black projects.

cia controlled the overflights because with civvy pilots it couldnt be classed as an act of military aggression.

U2's used to fly out of britain as well but only at night.