Are you sure?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by putteesinmyhands, May 18, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This little minx is becoming more prevalent:

are you sure.jpg

Initially it only appeared (frequently) when I clicked on "My subscriptions" but now it's occasionally appearing when I click "Last 50" and even a couple of times when I've submitted a post.

In all, it's been happening for a couple of months but I'm getting a bit fed up now - if I hadn't wanted to navigate away from the current page, I wouldn't have clicked on the relevant button.

Vista Basic and Firefox (20.0.1 - but I'm told that it's currently updating)
  2. I'm seeing that a fair bit as well, but when leaving the "settings" page. About a week and a half, maybe two weeks or so. Win 7 Pro and Firefox 20.0.1
  3. me too really annoying!
  4. Same here, I'd assumed it was my PC.
  5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

I get it on my Mac.

If you start to enter data, like a post or reply, but leave the page (ie go back on the browser) you get that message to make sure you do want to do that.
  6. Yes, but that's intentional. This problem occurs on pages where there isn't anything to accidentally delete when you move away. Pages that are read-only or at most comprise links.
  7. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Oh, well then Windows is shite.
  8. no its just done it again
  9. Only happens on ARRSE but I'm not going to develop your reasoning...
  10. And Macs and Linux
  11. I have had it with this little glitch I am having to copy and paste before pressing send as it keeps crashing, I am on a Mac, it is super annoying and ruining the site for me. I like to reply quickly and in the moment, this is preventing that.

Please may you sort it out as apparently my Mac Screen is allergic to 40 mph flying bricks. Apple has confirmed this.
  12. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry about the delay. I'll look at this today.