Are you strong and hard working??

Discussion in 'Jobs Offered' started by pitmans, May 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. £6.75 an hour and we have to bring our own kit?

Are you doing circus tents as well?

And since when was putting up tents 10 to 14 hour a day a "career opportunity"? Unless you're building the Burma-Siam railway...
  2. Rod924

Rod924 LE Reviewer

Pitman's People should pay heed to the H&S at Work Act whereby the employer supplies PPE ...Ya fecken tight arrses
  3. You want to hear from me? Hear this:

That is all.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The grammar has improved though, so all is not lost.

5. /Pedant mode/ Dead on. This includes agency workers if they are legally regarded as your employees. By virtue of Section 9 of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, no charge can be made to the worker for the provision of PPE which is used only at work. This may have changed but I don't think it has. Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992. Regulation 4

There surely must be duties on employers to protect their staff with PPE at work, and without charge. Including Agency work, regulations or not. /Pedant mode off/
  6. Hard-working? I'm on ARRSE, you tit. And I wouldn't even stand around drinking tea and juggling my bollocks for £6.75 an hour.
  7. This is Gold!! "a career opportunity" **** me i've put up some 12x12 in my time and even some 9x9, i never thought you could make a career out of it! do i need to be from poland? can i get NVQs??
  8. He could've just said above Minimum Wage, however people who opt to put up tents for a career can't understand that!

That said for unskilled work during the summer, would suit a young lad.
  9. Correct. Safety equipment and PPE has to be compliant with the latest regs, in good repair and serviceable. It's a cop out to tell people they have to supply their own.

The OP's advert stinks of cheapskate penny pinching. I notice that there is loads of blah and no T's & C's (insurance for example). Give this one the Spanish Archer, guys.
  10. Opportunities like this could see the Royal Signals losing their highly trained soldiers at a rate of hundreds a week as juniors realise they could do exactly the same job in civvie street with the chance of being treated like a grown up occasionally thrown in.
  11. I have hired/directed quite a few Marquee companies for some major events. Stand down lads, move along. Unless you want to work hard, And I mean hard, 16 -18 hrs a day when the job demands. Oh, learn Polish or cezch. (**** my spelling is shit). If you want to swing a big hammer knocking things into the ground or want to be up high in the sky fitting out a marquee then go for it. All I'll say is keep your wits about you, look up and down before you smack something into the ground or lift it in the air, there's mains services everywhere and they take no prisoners.
  12. Even a student would **** you off. You can "be a part" of events like V-Festival etc in that you put up a tent for some nob's champers do, **** off for the duration and come back to clean up everyone's shit afterwards. Ace.
  13. No you cant. Thanks for the insight.

You can however go on the robbing spree of your life going through all the tents the public have abandonned before the sally army or oxfam come and take down the 1000's of tents left behind by the fans and ship them off to Africa.
  14. Strong and hard working???

Nope...I'm fat and idle but I like camping...will that do??