Are you smarter than a 10 year old.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by EX_REME, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone watch this last night?
    There was this woman on it whose job was dealing with 14-16 year olds who had been excluded from school.
    Well first off one of the young lads who was chosen went to shake her hand, she wanted to high five. She did not get ANY of the questions right.
    One of them being what is the verb in this sentence, she starts to say "oh I forgot what a verb is...".
    If this is what the government think is helping/educating our children then there is no hope whatsoever (not that I had much anyway).

BTW. I was only watching it as I know someone who is due to be on it and won £100k.

In fact I was thinking of going on it myself after I heard. :wink:
  2. Maybe Predator_07 should enter??
  3. I'm never wrong - so i'd better be smarter than a 10 yr old!
  4. I may not be smarter, but I can beat them up quite easily.
  5. I know too but only due to being there when it was there when it was filmed. Good luck to your friend, I hope they achieve what they wanted to do with the dosh.
    And if you think that woman was dopey, look out for one who we thought was a put-on stunt by the tv crew as she appeared to be posh-talking and too flighty (as in the drug-fuelled state) at first then ended up making Jodie Marsh look like a poet laureate.
  6. The last one I saw featured some blonde bird struggling to work out where the apostrophe would go in a particular sentence. How I guffawed when I found out that she had a degree in English Language!

That said I was almost unstuck by "How many ships did Christopher Columbus take with him to the new world?"

I guessed correctly, but on another day...
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm not sure about being smarter than a ten year old. What I do know is that I'm a lot smarter than a four year old, a whole head smarter (and smarter than her parents).
  8. Oh one of the other questions was "How many countries make up Great Britain".

She said 1.
  9. I think the other one was "where was Florence Nightingale born".
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

She's right. How many in 5 years time? Who can say, but they'll actually be EU provinces rather than countries in their own right, just like England.

One ex-country is part of GB because of the Act of Union, the other two are 'principalities' and the last is a bunch of occupied counties that aren't worth shoit.
  11. The blonde lady I'm thinking of had jophurs and riding boots. And dopey, of course.