Are you slacking?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chef, Jan 12, 2008.

?
  1. Above average

53.8%
  2. Average

33.3%
  3. I didn't feel well today

12.8%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to Onepoll British men drink 11,600 pints in their lifetimes, this means some of us are below average, as A Robinson would say

"Are you a full pint fellow, or a half pint shandy slacker?"

2. 11,600! Wow.....

Is that all?

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As these results come from averaging the population and a good few men don't drink then it leaves more for us that do. I reckon I am well past 11,600 already and still going strong.

In fact just going out now for my next quota.

4. If you make the average lifetime 80 years,
    then 62x365=22630 days
    11600/22630=0.512593901 Pints per day,

I try not to drink anymore but I reckon the 17 years of drinking I have done I'm still above average because I would still have only had to have had 1.8 pints a day to be above the 11600 figure.

5. I've just realized how sad it was of me to work all that out.

Sorry.

(Scuttles off to sit in the corner)

6. I reckon im on at least 65,000 pints and Im only 50, thats before the occasional Nippy Sweetie

7. I haven't heard that phrase for years, a Scouser at my local used to order a pint and a "Wee nippy sweetie", is that a Scouse phrase in particular or Northen in general? :?

8. To be honest, I feel like I have smashed that many beers in over Chrimbo leave. It is not big or clever. Back to normality on Monday, ahh bugger!!

Oooops, another beer falls into my grid. :D

Cheers N_W.

9. About 58000 in my current job and still on my first liver ;)

10. I switched to wine this evening. My apologies for letting down the side.

Litotes :D

11. Only drink beer occassionally, tend to stick to vodka, it gets the job done and avoids endless visits to the bog. Do have a thing for Guiness with Jameson chasers but that can have severe intestinal repercussions. So although I may be letting the side down pintwise I think I am consuming at least my share of alcohol.

12. I misread that last comment slightly - thought it was "I may be letting the side down portwise".
    For just one moment I was wondering how that hell someone could drink that much port! (Although on mess nights many people do give it a go!)

13. Is this only applicable to blokes?

My Granny is 104 so I have many years to go. Think I might make it!!

Do love my vodka & wine though xx

14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well I reckon that One pint of Heavy is equal to two pints of sourthern cats piss lager.

15. I am on about 49,000 pints aged 33, I'm fcuked aint'd I?