Are you slacking?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chef, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Above average

2. Average

3. I didn't feel well today

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. According to Onepoll British men drink 11,600 pints in their lifetimes, this means some of us are below average, as A Robinson would say

"Are you a full pint fellow, or a half pint shandy slacker?"
  2. 11,600! Wow.....

Is that all?
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

As these results come from averaging the population and a good few men don't drink then it leaves more for us that do. I reckon I am well past 11,600 already and still going strong.

In fact just going out now for my next quota.
  4. If you make the average lifetime 80 years,
    then 62x365=22630 days
    11600/22630=0.512593901 Pints per day,

I try not to drink anymore but I reckon the 17 years of drinking I have done I'm still above average because I would still have only had to have had 1.8 pints a day to be above the 11600 figure.
  5. I've just realized how sad it was of me to work all that out.

(Scuttles off to sit in the corner)
  6. I reckon im on at least 65,000 pints and Im only 50, thats before the occasional Nippy Sweetie
  7. I haven't heard that phrase for years, a Scouser at my local used to order a pint and a "Wee nippy sweetie", is that a Scouse phrase in particular or Northen in general? :?
  8. To be honest, I feel like I have smashed that many beers in over Chrimbo leave. It is not big or clever. Back to normality on Monday, ahh bugger!!

Oooops, another beer falls into my grid. :D

Cheers N_W.
  9. About 58000 in my current job and still on my first liver ;)
  10. I switched to wine this evening. My apologies for letting down the side.

Litotes :D
  11. Only drink beer occassionally, tend to stick to vodka, it gets the job done and avoids endless visits to the bog. Do have a thing for Guiness with Jameson chasers but that can have severe intestinal repercussions. So although I may be letting the side down pintwise I think I am consuming at least my share of alcohol.
  12. I misread that last comment slightly - thought it was "I may be letting the side down portwise".
    For just one moment I was wondering how that hell someone could drink that much port! (Although on mess nights many people do give it a go!)
  13. Is this only applicable to blokes?

My Granny is 104 so I have many years to go. Think I might make it!!

Do love my vodka & wine though xx
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Well I reckon that One pint of Heavy is equal to two pints of sourthern cats piss lager.
  15. I am on about 49,000 pints aged 33, I'm fcuked aint'd I?