"Are you Religious" II

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BoomShackerLacker, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The opportunity to focus on matters of faith, belief and spiritual matters.

2. No I'm not and sooner its ******* banned the better......to the hole
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Qualidy post. You're allowed to Flypast (V formation)...
  4. I think I'd like to read what others have to say on the matter.

You seem like a chap who might be able to point me in the right direction. Perhaps the musings of some philosopher who thought everything consisted of earth, air, fire and water? Or maybe the thoughts of an illiterate who spent some time in the desert?
  5. I caught the last fifteen minutes of that Radio 4 thing from when they were discussing archaeology to try and verify what was written in the Bible with regards to Solomon. I tend to think of this line of approach as 'looking at the box'. Okay, it may help with building faith, and faith can help with the whole point of the exercise (spiritual transformation), but some folk just get stuck with the box and miss the contents. And do they really need to 'prove' the existence of people like Solomon anyway? Proof leaves very little room for faith.

I can't say I know much about the wise Solomon, but being an alike, I like Solomons description of an alcoholic

Thine eyes shall behold strange women = beer goggles
    I was not sick; they have beaten me, etc = Unidentifyable Drinking Injuries

And of course, alcoholism in the end does 'bite like the snake, etc'; hence we have 'rock bottoms' where we're sick and tired of being sick and tired, so we then go and do something about our alcoholism. But Solomon wasn't that wise; he described the symptoms of alcoholism, but as far as I can see, he didn't provide a solution to it.
  6. In timed honoured ARRSE tradition, I've fixed that for you. ;)
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No more so nor less so than the last thread!
  8. Hear him out...

9. No. That is all
  10. Religion is the root of all evil. More people have died for 'Your" God or "Their" God than any other do gooder out there just killing people because it suits them.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Same same.
  12. I believe in a thing called love; just listen to the rhythm of my heart.
    • Like Like x 3
  13. That was, by far, the most wankable picture of a mermaid I have ever seen. I never really understood the whole shagging a half fish fantasy but after seeing this I will add it to my list of things I like to **** about that will probably send me to hell. Now that I am back on topic - NO.

14. "Touching you, god you're touching me....... " Priests are they all perverts?