Are you regular, TA, ex-military, or what?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tartan_Terrier, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Regular Army

2. Territorial

3. Ex-regular

4. Ex-TA

5. Cadet

6. Civilian

7. Other service (full-time)

8. Other service (reserve)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was reading on another thread about there being over 12000 registered Arrsers, and I got to wondering about how many are actually still serving. As it is I get the impression that we are often seen as the unofficial voice of the British soldier, and it could be interesting to see if that actually holds true.

Sorry if this has been done before, I did do a search, but couldn't find anything similar.
  2. How about "ex-Reg, now TA" or even "Ex-TA, now Reg"? There are probably one or two other valid categories.
  3. Quite correct, personally I fit into three, but I thought we'd better keep it simple, or we'd end up with so many options that people would get confused.
  4. There's an ARRSE survey here but it has different categories to yours.
  5. Nice one DB, in my opinion something like this should be part of the registration process.
  6. Good idea, but what would happen when you get promoted?

Edited to add I'm a Ta Junior.
  7. Well stick to mine then, no rank involved.

Don't ask what would happen when you left, I don't know!
  8. What about 'Snooping Journalist'?
  9. That'd probably be civilian!
  10. For some reason that survey didn't include Regular Army Captains. I might be guessing, but I think that there's quite a lot of them in the ARRSE ORBAT!
  11. I didn't write it! :lol:
  12. Somewhat pedantically, if you are not of Field Officer rank, you are a subbie........
  13. Sorry. No you're not.

Dictionary definition: 'Junior officer, below rank of Captain.' - Traditionally only a full Lieutenant, as a 2nd Lt is/was an Ensign or Cornet.
    (I wish I knew how to do those link thingys.)
  14. Intriguing. What dictionary? Interested as I have apparently been labouring under a misapprehension.