Are You Reg or TA or What?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bravo_Bravo, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Regular

2. TA

3. Ex Reg

4. Ex TA

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering, bearing in mind how many posts are made during the day....
  2. you are forgetting ACF adult instructors
  3. No I am not

4. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

See, even the STABs don't count them as army...
  5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

True, everyone has to have someone to look down on, that is why we have the OTC
  6. And the RAF...

So many TA online? I guess they must have more internet access during the day in their offices and not much work to do.
  7. and don't forget the UOTC has the ACF / CCF!

Oh dear I feel the fuse of another ACF vs UOTC powderkeg has been lit..... ahem.
  8. Interesting that at present mostly used by serving TA and least used by exTA

I am sure EX REG will fight through to win the day :lol:
  9. Be interesting if any thing has changed over 18 months - The following is the result of the front page poll circa April 2002

Who are you? Let's start with rank.. real please as it may help potential advertisers

Reg Army Jnr Rank 7.23% (12)
    Reg Army Snr Rank 22.89% (38)
    Reg Army Offr - Subaltern 4.82% (8)
    Reg Army Offr - Field Offr and up 14.46% (24)
    TA Jnr Rank 9.04% (15)
    TA Snr Rank 3.01% (5)
    TA Offr - Subaltern 7.23% (12)
    TA Offr - Field Offr and up 6.02% (10)
    Other Military 5.42% (9)
    Dependent / 1.20% (2)
    Civilian - ex mil 18.67% (31)
    True 100% civilian 5.42% (9)

Total Votes: 166
  10. well if you dont have a poll including ACF instructors then they won't bother voting including me because what on top of the screen wont apply to me.

some of us would like to serve in the military but is unable to do so because of either a physical disability that wouldn't allow them to join or those with families and commitments, most of us are nothing like NIMN or other unsavoury peoples which you most certainly don't want in the army .........................
  11. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

A poll is only as good as the questrions asked. In my case I am both ex-Reg and ex-TA so do I count twice or vote twice :?:

Personally I don't think it matters much whether there are more TA than Reg, more serving than ex or any combination. Life changes and certainly the army is different to that I joined nearly 30 years ago and that was different to the one my father joined 30 years before me.

What matters is the interest in the site, the quality (or not in the NAFFI forum) of the posts and the interaction between differing experiences.

What I would like to see is more of the people registered posting and more guests joining and posting. Circumstances change and some people will have more opportunity to post than others so the 'rank' structure does not necessarily denote interest in the site.

Having said all that I rerally enjoy the site and look forward to the 'words of wisdom' that ma-sonic, et al will no doubt append. :D
  12. On No Account show any initiative.... :roll:
  13. ahhh the difference is im on the internet forum , in real life im not volunteering for any pack drills :wink:
  14. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Do I gat extra votes for ex-Raf, ex-TA and Ex-Regular or do I get sh1t-canned for not sticking at anything long enough? :lol:
  15. Erm could you try that again as I couldn't understand one iota of the unintelligible blether above, perhaps using the Queens English the next time might help a touch.

Scoff Scoff