• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Are you proud to serve / have served?

Are you proud to serve / have served?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mmmm.... next question

• I wish I'd never set foot in that Recr office

• Total voters
Polls as a whole: Curious. I started one on RumRation as I needed some stats for advertising blurb (I already have this from years ago for ARRSE), but thought it would be interesting on here too.

This question because once in a while I get accused of running an anti-Army / establishment site. I know that's not true, but it'll be nice to have it confirmed for all to see.

Petriburg said:
Yes, back when... But I feel for the way the lads and lasses are treated so badly now.
of course its a YES and dont be too disturbed for all of us still in green, remember improvise adapt and overcome, never truer than today, however, the job still gets done

Actually too simplistic a question, but too late now. I suppose everyone who got past basic training is proud even if they they hated every minute and borrowed their mate's drug laden pi55 for the CDT instant exit plan.

E

Epiphany

Good CO, I AM proud to have served - Unfortunately though, like so many who have left in recent years, incredibly sad at the attitude of the Govt. towards the military. No fool to the risks and potential danger when I joined it was impossible to judge the full extent of commitment that the modern day army has had to give during the current Ops abroad.

One of the first in my peer group to leave, the rest are following like lemmings having experienced the full extent of the maltreatment and been made aware of the ignorance of the current incumbents in Westminster.

It is terribly sad, and I take my hat off to those willing to stay in and continue what is truly in my eyes, selfless commitment.

Hairy-Sporran said:
Petriburg said:
Yes, back when... But I feel for the way the lads and lasses are treated so badly now.
of course its a YES and dont be too disturbed for all of us still in green, remember improvise adapt and overcome, never truer than today, however, the job still gets done
That's why when I clicked the button, it was still 100% "Yes".

As for getting the job done - I take my hat off to you one and all - just don't get dazzled by this balding old fecker's dome! :lol:

Bad_Crow said:
Speedy said:
Dammed proud to have served, although if I were to do it again I'd choose a trade with a vague chance of promotion.
I'd choose a trade that didn't use GPMG tripods.
You've got that special dent in the back of your skull as well?

Yup, damned proud. 'A good thing to have done, and to have been.'

Latest Threads