Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you prepared for the Recession?

Well - the redundancies are starting. mate of mine in the car leasing business just told me 1,800 people laid off this morning by one of the suppliers he deals with.

Watch this space for August.................

Last edited:
We. the redundancies are starting. mate of mine in the car leasing business just told me 1,800 people laid off this morning by one of the suppliers he deals with.

Watch this space for August.................
How long do your government can keep the furlough money going ?

if you listen carefully, you may be able to hear the printing press going in the Bank of England.....

fcuk knows, but i dont think there is much choice. I'd day we are heading towards a lock-down in some shape or form again

if you listen carefully, you may be able to hear the printing press going in the Bank of England.....

fcuk knows, but i dont think there is much choice. I'd day we are heading towards a lock-down in some shape or form again
Aye agreed. Should have had a longer full lockdown. Probably less damaging than two separate full lockdowns.

You won’t survive another lockdown. It’s vaccine or bust. But it won’t be a V shaped recovery.

You won’t survive another lockdown. It’s vaccine or bust. But it won’t be a V shaped recovery.

the business I work for moved its entire sales forecast back one quarter yesterday and there are no revenues to cover the slippage, which basically means a major cash crunch for three months in August, September and October. A government loan will keep the lights on by boulstering cash reserves. The business press today in the UK says banks are expected to tighten credit lines which means by September, they will be strangling business. I’d say unless the government steps in, September and October will be a blood bath. Our revenue forecast will pretty much reflect what is going on in most businesses - large, medium and small. I don’t see any sign of a change until the end of September next year. That‘s where my head is currently on the matter.

its worrying times I have to say.

From retired persons point of view, SWMBO & I are taking actions & having " domestic future-proofing" conversations that, had someone heard us a year ago, they'd have called the Funny Farm van and had us carted off for our own protection.

Just listen to people now, as opposed to 6 months back. It's bizarre to put it mildly. Surreal really.
So far we would "survive" for circa 6 weeks without having to leave the front door. Two sets of industrial shelving in the loft 60% -odd stocked with non-perishables, soon to be 100% with a balanced "product" range of foodstuffs etc.

Had a Beco FreezeGuard 5 drawer freezer (finally) delivered after 7 weeks thanks to hundreds of a waiting list for our desired model alone. That's getting gradually filled with a mix of uncooked protein and home cooked meals, fresh vegetables, freeze dried fish etc. There's a big run nationally on additional freeze capacity it seems.
We are not alone. Most we know are trying to prep at some level or another if they have both the disposable income & space/facilities to do so.

Our view is, the worst that can happen is this potentially Cov-id ridden/recurring postal lock-downs / 3 day supply chain Autumn/Winter may be reasonably OK, in which case in next year I'll just back-fill the kitchen whereupon the grocery bills will drop dramatically and balance out.
Or, it'll be an utter bitch in which case we'll be grateful.
It's simple risk-aversion as far as I'm concerned & looking after family...same as checking tyres.
Everyone will have their own views on risk aversion.
Who knows? What I do know is neither of us are standing in a winter's Q in sub zero pissing wet days for anything mixing with retards....if Supermarket home delivery services are stretched past their capabilities round here as they were.

Last edited:
I think come September employers must put in 10%, then October 20% then in November all of it...but I think after that the honeymoon is over. I may have the exact months wrong.
Either way, watch this space for massive increasing jobless figures....just in time for Xmas while the SS Great Britain snaps in the middle and races to the ocean floor in debts, possible area code lock-downs, dark day miserable weather, general miseries as yet not even thought of.
I took a Cheery Pill this morning you will notice.:)

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Aye agreed. Should have had a longer full lockdown. Probably less damaging than two separate full lockdowns.
no lockdown at all would have been better, the infection rates are identical and the NHS was never at risk

the Doom sayers claimed holland, sweden and japan would see millions of dead as indeed the forecast 3% death rate here which was just as remainiac fiction. of course nobody has seen anything near. New York was hit very badly yet only used 10% of its ICU beds

this has never been a medical emergency just a political one forced on us by manufactured press hysteria and a left wing need for us to do as we're told and vote for who or what they say we should vote for.

Remainers will do anything to see an economic hit they can claim was made worse due to brexit. Democrats have been trying to engineer a recession for the 2020 election since 2016.

globally the ACTUAL death rate FROM C19 not with C19 is probably under 10k.

the lock down was always intended to be a sawtooth pattern or spike to control the medical need. turned out to be a load of hogwash like the death rates though.

stop testing, stop the hype and see just how bothered everyone is because the majority aint. nor is the govt because masks are useless and they know it.

I see the FDA has approved group testing which is quite funny. get 50 people to spit in a bucket then test the bucked. crude but effective and cheap.

no lockdown at all would have been better, the infection rates are identical and the NHS was never at risk
/QUOTE]
Wonder how families of Care Homers who were removed from hospital un-checked only to perish in their droves might feel about your point of view. Worth a thought. Or, in your apparent opinion, worth no thought at all.

the Doom sayers claimed holland, sweden and japan would see millions of dead as indeed the forecast 3% death rate here which was just as remainiac fiction. of course nobody has seen anything near. New York was hit very badly yet only used 10% of its ICU beds

this has never been a medical emergency just a political one forced on us by manufactured press hysteria and a left wing need for us to do as we're told and vote for who or what they say we should vote for.

Remainers will do anything to see an economic hit they can claim was made worse due to brexit. Democrats have been trying to engineer a recession for the 2020 election since 2016.

the lock down was always intended to be a sawtooth pattern or spike to control the medical need. turned out to be a load of hogwash like the death rates though.

stop testing, stop the hype and see just how bothered everyone is because the majority aint. nor is the govt because masks are useless and they know it.

I see the FDA has approved group testing which is quite funny. get 50 people to spit in a bucket then test the bucked. crude but effective and cheap.
Each to their own on that one mate, the guy I played golf with yesterday works in a hospital, first time we had met in 5 months yesterday. He says they were basically like a production line at peak, and that as a virus he'd not experienced anything like it.
As far as Brexit goes, never had an interest as it means nothing to me, in or out, couldn't give a fcuk.

I think come September employers must put in 10%, then October 20% then in November all of it...but I think after that the honeymoon is over. I may have the exact months wrong.
Either way, watch this space for massive increasing jobless figures....just in time for Xmas while the SS Great Britain snaps in the middle and races to the ocean floor in debts, possible area code lock-downs, dark day miserable weather, general miseries as yet not even thought of.
That would be a “Bah Humbug” Christmas. 90 percent of the forum would be smiling ear to ear!

**** me you are full of shit.

That would be a “Bah Humbug” Christmas. 90 percent of the forum would be smiling ear to ear!
I AM happy.
Look.....
1596288080536.png

From August, employers must pay National Insurance and pension contributions, then 10% of pay from September, rising to 20% in October.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Each to their own on that one mate, the guy I played golf with yesterday works in a hospital, first time we had met in 5 months yesterday. He says they were basically like a production line at peak, and that as a virus he'd not experienced anything like it.
As far as Brexit goes, never had an interest as it means nothing to me, in or out, couldn't give a fcuk.

must be a london unit then because the rest of the UK was empty. ICU take up was less than 10% but people were being thrown into hospital who would normally have ridden it out at home with no dramas. I think they are too embarrassed to print the survival rates going by the way they have faked the death figures

one current customer is an ex nursing tutor with a son who is an ICU consultant who was never worried enough to stop his septuagenarian parents to come and babysit every week. My cousin is an ICU nurse who was moved on to the general wards because everything was so quiet and the only real drama was the number of staff 'self isolating' everytime the sun came out.

30,000 tik tok videos of dancing nurses can't be wrong, surely they were too busy dealing the the 3 million deaths

this is a political thing not a medical one, interesting how a 150 years of established science on mask wearing has been overturned by lobbyists though isn't it.

ask your MP for a copy of the govt risk assessment behind this new ruling.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
**** me you are full of shit.
nope you just have NOT been paying attention to any of this so I assume you watch the BBC instead. instead of checking out the virologists and immunologists out there trying to be heard.

this is not nor has it ever been a medical thing. anywhere ever. a tiny minority have been at risk because they are at risk from everything.

this is agenda led and politically driven to force people to do what they are told.

millions of people are going to die over this - but not of the virus because they were never at risk of dying of the virus. a 0.04% death rate is not a risk.

it is estimated that less than 10k globally have died actually OF covid 19 and nothing else because they were unlucky or a victim of darwinism, many more have died of underlying symptoms and pre existing conditions who were going to die anyway.

more people are at risk from the very suspect vaccines in the pipeline than were ever at risk of C19.

nope you just have NOT been paying attention to any of this so I assume you watch the BBC instead. instead of checking out the virologists and immunologists out there trying to be heard.

this is not nor has it ever been a medical thing. anywhere ever. a tiny minority have been at risk because they are at risk from everything.

this is agenda led and politically driven to force people to do what they are told.

millions of people are going to die over this - but not of the virus because they were never at risk of dying of the virus. a 0.04% death rate is not a risk.

it is estimated that less than 10k globally have died actually OF covid 19 and nothing else because they were unlucky or a victim of darwinism, many more have died of underlying symptoms and pre existing conditions who were going to die anyway.

more people are at risk from the very suspect vaccines in the pipeline than were ever at risk of C19.
Again you are full of shit

must be a london unit then because the rest of the UK was empty. ICU take up was less than 10% but people were being thrown into hospital who would normally have ridden it out at home with no dramas. I think they are too embarrassed to print the survival rates going by the way they have faked the death figures

one current customer is an ex nursing tutor with a son who is an ICU consultant who was never worried enough to stop his septuagenarian parents to come and babysit every week. My cousin is an ICU nurse who was moved on to the general wards because everything was so quiet and the only real drama was the number of staff 'self isolating' everytime the sun came out.

30,000 tik tok videos of dancing nurses can't be wrong, surely they were too busy dealing the the 3 million deaths

this is a political thing not a medical one, interesting how a 150 years of established science on mask wearing has been overturned by lobbyists though isn't it.

ask your MP for a copy of the govt risk assessment behind this new ruling.
It was the RVI in Newcastle and a stint at a hospital in Carlisle. Make your own assumptions, doesn't mean that they are correct.

If it's purely political, how do you explain that it's a global pandemic and people have and still are dying in sizeable numbers.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer

the care homes fiasco is a separate thing and I agree many should not have been sent into homes with pneumonia infections - 30% of the extra care home deaths remain unexplained though - makes you wonder how many have got away with murder as all deaths have been C19 for months regardless of the actual cause as discussed on here many times.

and lets not forget they were in those homes because they had complicated medical needs and were being kept alive by medications or their families couldn't be arsed to look after them as is the case in scotland.

I did some relief care work when I left the mil and have had plenty of experience of them with two medically dependent grandparents - both of whom wanted to die years before they did as they both feared the dementia route they eventually took. I wouldn't put a dog through what they went through.

most of those deaths were on the cards long before C19 came along and the majority would have died in 2020 regardless.

this was a scamdemic from start to finish.

they are now claiming this will be a year round virus with nothing but peaks - no medical evidence for this but then there is no medical evidence for most of the claims the doomsayers are making.

meanwhile all the pigs in china have been dying of african swine fever - so they are importing pigs from the home of swine flu - the USA. I can see this ending well when you factor in the plausible fluvid mutations due from october as we have failed to get this out of the way due to political fcukwittery of the highest order.

still we might get an actual pandemic out it.