Are you planning on killing squirrels in the near future?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by vvaannmmaann, Jul 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. already posted and much discussed.

Love this quote:

genius!

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

3. Yes indeed, "**** 'em and eat 'em".

4. My greyhound does his best to kill the little buggers but it is surprising how fast a squirrel can run when he sees a 5 stone dog coming after him at 25+ mph...

Rodney2q

5. Sorry didn't see the thread four below this one,doh!
    Delete as required.Ta.

6. Watch out for the ones around Rothbury - I think they got to Moat's stash of steroids

[​IMG]

7. Brilliant! It's going to take a week to wipe the grin off.

8. What absolute balls. When we used to catch rats in a trap dropping the cage in a bucket of water was by far the quickest way of killing them. Should I have grappled them out of the cage to then bludgeon their brains out? Second or two in the bucket was much faster.

9. I beheaded a squirrel once for identification purposes. Unfortunately he was part of the Sqirriban and I was ordered home for denying his right to a proper burial.

10. RSPCA have become a bunch of "anthropomorphic" animal rights nutters, you dont hear them sqealing over the pain & suffering caused by "HALAL" slaughter, where an animal can take several minutes to die in agony after its throat has been cut! Scared of our beloved Muslims cutting their throats if they dare bleat about it!
    I like this quote in the article :- "An air rifle or shotgun can also be used as long as the user is properly qualified"
    Where the **** do you get an NVQ in "airgunnery" or "shotgun shooting" ?? Not seen adverts in the local adult education centers!?!
    I think the local armed response teams would be hammering on your door should you use a SHOTGUN in almost any urban Garden!!

11. He should have used boiling water, if it's good enough for lobsters.....

12. Whole country is going mad, I got lecture about shooting squirels today when I was out with a .177 air rifle shooting the grey bastards.

13. Cow

Cow LE

After having a squirrel free spell in the garden I've shot 3 this morning. For some reason they think they can eat the peanuts that are put out for the birds.. I feel I'm properly qualified, I shoot they die. What more is needed?

The wife was only last week mentioning that she hasn't seen as many as she expected this year ^_~

Edit: Make that 4.