Are you missing out on £225 for washing your uniform?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by resondetra, Jun 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Buger me sideways with a fishfork! This is the sort of thing I like to see! Letter in the post once photocopying complete :)
  2. how much will you be charging for this service?
  3. All you need to do is download the letter, amend the blue bits and post to your local tax office along with copies of your P60's. Took me five mins to do and got back dated claim also. Hope this helps.
  4. This months Soldier magazine has an item on this stating that the tax office has suspended all claims pending a review on policy. So that means they are looking for a way out so the bean counters don't have to pay up :evil:
  5. I already claim for my uniforms that I have to wash in the NHS is this over and above that claim?
  6. Is it only the TA and can I backdate my claim to 20 years ago. :wink:

7. :!: my husband has claimed for 6 years of uniform washing etc. told that"s all he could claim for.
  8. If its £45 a year for someone who works 240 days a year. I bet the Tax Office say we only have to work 27 days a year so we only need £5 a year. Sadly there is some logic in there. Remember you won't get it for when you’re on tour.

I'll still claim, as its 2 beers!