Are you involved with a Forces Charity?

#1
This is an open offer to any genuine forces charity - we are more than happy to donate you free advertising space on this site. We believe that the RGJ chaps at www.40-44.co.uk/ are extremely happy with the help that they have received from us already but we'd love to help the ABF, RBL, St Dunstans, etc as well

With just under 10k registered users, tens of thousands of individual visitors per day and 3 million hits per month this site is an excellent way to reach forces personel, their families and supporters.

The only thing we would ask in return is a 'supported by The Army Rumour Service' link on your web site.
 
#4
Hello,

I belong to a UK Charity called "Countess Mountbatten's Own, Legion of Frontiersmen", we are celebrating our centenary this year.

We are mainly ex-services personnel, Army, Police, Paramedics, and Firemen. Our mission statement is "Aid to civil powers in times of emergecies"

We are looking for ex-service personnel who are willing to give up their time to aid their country and communities in times of natural and man made disaster.

For those interested in helping youths we are also looking for trainers, we aim to help under privallaged children to get a broader outlook on life and if they are interested help them with a career in the armed forces, TA, Police or other service.

Our web site is www.legion-of-frontiersmen.co.uk

We are a Commonwealth Organisation with a large presance in Austraila, New Zealand, Canada, North America and Malta.

Kindest regards,

Richard
 
#5
Hi fellow Arrser's. Does anyone do vol work for SSAFA? Ive asked for some info from SSAFA and Im keen to do some casework to help out. Any information from anyone involved with SSAFA greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Efargee20

www.ssafa.org
 
#6
I am a member of a charity called ,THE M.M. NATIONAL GULF WAR VETERANS AND FAMILIES
ASSOCIATION,This association is the only charity that i know that has support for gulf 1 and gulf 2 veterans ,there partners and there children.They have excelent medical contacts as well as excelent legal contacts,they also help with pension appeals and can also help by telling you what benefits you should be entitled to.Every year in march they hold an annual respite break in blackpool which if they can get the funding is free ,the children are well entertaned and usualy get a huge bag of toys and sports clothes which companies donate,i can only tell you the out line of this charity as there is too much to tell you, but take a look for your self at..www.ngvfa.com. :D :D :D :D :D :D
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#7
#8
I am a photographer specialising in the military. I am able to provide event photography at mess functions, military balls, etc. A % of my photography sales are donated to a charity chosen by your unit or a donation is made to the Army Benevolent Fund. www.bramblyfarm.co.uk
 
#10
Efargee20 said:
Hi fellow Arrser's. Does anyone do vol work for SSAFA? Ive asked for some info from SSAFA and Im keen to do some casework to help out. Any information from anyone involved with SSAFA greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Efargee20

www.ssafa.org
I would become a caseworker in the Royal British Legion instead, better support. I did some casework for SSAFA in Aldershot before i left. Too many people there using their retired rank titles when dealing with clients.

Look in your local phone book under Royal British Legion, county Field Officer. Hope this helps,
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#11
toytrain-driver said:
Efargee20 said:
Hi fellow Arrser's. Does anyone do vol work for SSAFA? Ive asked for some info from SSAFA and Im keen to do some casework to help out. Any information from anyone involved with SSAFA greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Efargee20

www.ssafa.org
I would become a caseworker in the Royal British Legion instead, better support. I did some casework for SSAFA in Aldershot before i left. Too many people there using their retired rank titles when dealing with clients.
Do not agree. SSAFA & TRBL are not the same, have different charters & operate in different ways but do cooperate. The biggest difference being that TRBL are a membership organisation & SSAFA are not.

I am a SSAFA secretary & a member of TRBL. One of my caseworkers is a Trustee of TRBL (you don't get much higher up the food chain) and am shortly running a course where one of the students will be the RBL CFO.
I cannot comment on the support you received in Hants but there is as much support as needed in my area.

As for the old ex-Officer V ex-soldier arguement, the facts are not born out by reality. I am for ever hearing that SSAFA is for officers & TRBL for soldiers but I have also heard the arguement that TRBL in Pall Mall is out of touch because it is an old staffed by retired officers. There is just no pleasing some people.

Oh & I was not an officer but have retired senior officers working for me.
 
#12
oldbaldy said:
toytrain-driver said:
Efargee20 said:
Hi fellow Arrser's. Does anyone do vol work for SSAFA? Ive asked for some info from SSAFA and Im keen to do some casework to help out. Any information from anyone involved with SSAFA greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Efargee20

www.ssafa.org
I would become a caseworker in the Royal British Legion instead, better support. I did some casework for SSAFA in Aldershot before i left. Too many people there using their retired rank titles when dealing with clients.
Do not agree. SSAFA & TRBL are not the same, have different charters & operate in different ways but do cooperate. The biggest difference being that TRBL are a membership organisation & SSAFA are not.

I am a SSAFA secretary & a member of TRBL. One of my caseworkers is a Trustee of TRBL (you don't get much higher up the food chain) and am shortly running a course where one of the students will be the RBL CFO.
I cannot comment on the support you received in Hants but there is as much support as needed in my area.

As for the old ex-Officer V ex-soldier arguement, the facts are not born out by reality. I am for ever hearing that SSAFA is for officers & TRBL for soldiers but I have also heard the arguement that TRBL in Pall Mall is out of touch because it is an old staffed by retired officers. There is just no pleasing some people.

Oh & I was not an officer but have retired senior officers working for me.
Your right they are different- The Legion usually provides the money and ssafa spend it telling the client it was theirs. I do think that in the future the Legion will dominate and ssafa will be absorbed as a also ran org.
 
#14
If anyone can give any support to Combat Stress I know they would be thrilled and eternally grateful. They do outstanding work with those of our comrades with "invisible" injuries who seem to be overlooked in so many cases. I have seen some of their work and it was a truly humbling experience.
Go on, give them the price of a pint of Stella (or whatever your poison is): do something you can be proud of this week - and then tell no-one!

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/combat-stress-charity-support-us/combat-stress-donations.asp
http://www.combatstress.org.uk/default.asp
 
#17
seanbean said:
If anyone can give any support to Combat Stress I know they would be thrilled and eternally grateful. They do outstanding work with those of our comrades with "invisible" injuries who seem to be overlooked in so many cases. I have seen some of their work and it was a truly humbling experience.
Go on, give them the price of a pint of Stella (or whatever your poison is): do something you can be proud of this week - and then tell no-one!

http://www.combatstress.org.uk/combat-stress-charity-support-us/combat-stress-donations.asp
http://www.combatstress.org.uk/default.asp
Great post Sean. Combat Stress, among others, is an ARRSE favourite; see HERE and HERE to show just a couple of instances where ARRSErs are stepping magnificently up to the plate. Helping direct valuable resources to those who will use to make a difference is most defintely a worthwhile occupation.

Fancy joining the ARRSE contingent on 1 July? ;)

By the way - your last line should be: TELL EVERYONE! and get them to follow your fine example. :D
 
#18
Hi thought I would say hello and wish you all luck with any fundraising efforts. I work as a professional fundraiser so if you have any queries about the law or whatever, then maybe I can help.
 
#19
Efargee20,

Yes, I'm a case worker with SSAFA. Just got back from this morning's stint as it happens.

If you have any questions drop me a PM and if I can't answer them I'll ask someone in the office who can.

Edited for clarity.
 

oldbaldy

LE
Moderator
#20
Lucky_Jim said:
Efargee20,

Yes, I'm a case worker with SSAFA. Just got back from this morning's stint as it happens.

If you have any questions drop me a PM and if I can't answer them I'll ask someone in the office who can.

Edited for clarity.
Jim, I sorted out Efargee nearly a year ago, look at the date of his post.

& Have a look here:
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=74148/start=0.html
 

Latest Threads

Top