Are you happier ironing clothes or servicing the motor?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Litotes, May 29, 2008.

?
  1. Ironing your clothes?

31.0%
  2. Servicing your motor?

31.0%
  3. Sticking the knife in some ........?

38.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today's Telegraph carried an article on page 14 (no link unfortunately) about a study by Brylcreem (for those under 30, it's white stuff that can be smeared into one's hair to make one attractive to the opposite sex...... :D ) which found that 62% of men under 30 were happy at the ironing board and only 10% were happy to service a car.

So, are you happier on the ironing board or under the bonnet?

Litotes

2. Theres more poofters nowadays, i'd rather be servicing the motor.

3. Id rather be in a pub,some woman ironing my shirts,and the chauffer servicing the motor

4. Chaffeurs drive the motor; mechanics (usually REME VMs) service the motor! Well, they would if we had any but we haven't so they don't.

Litotes

5. Reminds me of the age old joke.

A passenger plane on a cross-country trip runs into a terrible storm.
    The plane gets pounded by rain, hail, wind and lightning.

The passengers are screaming. They are sure the plane is going to crash and that they are all going to die.

At the height of the storm, a young woman jumps up and exclaims, "I can't take this anymore! I can't just sit here and die like an animal, strapped into a chair. If I am going to die, let me at least die feeling like a woman. Is there anyone here man enough to make me feel like woman?"

She sees a hand raise in the back, and a muscular man starts to walk up to her seat. As he aproaches her, he takes off his shirt.
    She can see the man's muscles even in the poor lighting of the plane. He stands in front of her, shirt in hand and says to her, "I can make you feel like a woman before you die. Are you interested?"

Eagerly, she shakes her head, Yes!

As the man hands her his shirt, he says, "Here. Iron this."

6. I'm sick and tired of fixing motors. Ironing is much more satisfying.

7. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Thanks to RSM Stone and a year of intensive and sometimes painful training I am far better at ironing and polishing, it may be said than fixing cars.

8. Incorrectomundo! The driver does, unless you are with the RAF and then the driver would not be capable of changing a wheel.

9. I've cracked it then - my wife drives me to pub, and my son is a REME VM

:D :D :D :D

10. I'm going to opt for "Sticking a knife in some ..... ingredients" as I'm a way better in the kitchen than under the bonnet. As for ironing, I'm good but it's a boring task.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, me too. Sticking something, or someone is far more satisfying.

One can only enjoy ironing if the process of institutionalisation has been complete; it's the same as gurning and dribbling in your own little world has you sit, happily hunched over a pair of shoit issue boots with a tin lid of spit, a tin of polish and a cloth . . .

Servicing the motor . . . whatever for? One can girt rather dirty, and surely we've had enough of lying on the floor in shoit?

12. i iron because i have to i work on car because i want to

13. Neither, but if had to choose if it was pishing down & kn@cker freezing i'll take the ironing, but if it's warm and sunny i'll do the servicing. :twisted:

14. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Having spent my childhood and mucg of my teenage years as a slave to my old man whenever he wanted to strip down a car engine (usualy every weekend without fail) I hate servicing motors. I can do it but I'd rather pay someone.

Ironing. Again while I can do it, it bores me too tears unless I have some good sounds going on my stereo in which case it become tolerable.

Sticking knives in stuff. Now you are taliking. Martial arts twice a week and possibly rising. May only be wooden practice knives and swords but the principle is sound. And cooking remains the only activity in polite society where using big knives is acceptable. TV chefs like Ramsey have made it ok for real men to be in the kitchen- as long as they leave the washing up for their sous chef or kitchen porter (read ball and chain if you wish).

15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Meh. Men under 30 have never come across a car they can service without computer diagnostics, so they dont know how.

Men under 30 were mostly raised in that "Learn to cook a quiche and get in touch with your feminine side" bollocks era.

Hey, how do you make a young 'un burn his ear?

Ring him up when he's ironing.