• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Are you going to Hull on April 4th?

tommycooker1914 said:
Have you got BOWMAN yet or are you still using carrier pigeons down there??. Best regiment my arrse!!

Forget army comms use nokia net.
No they are still using smoke signals ...... 34's kit aint that modern compared the its glorious neighbours to the South

They have perfectly good kit. Infact they have a rebro det which currently has two vhf sets wired together in serial using a gutted pressell box (don10 is so last year), as the IBRU (bulit out of spare parts and random bits of metal the techs found) wasn't rebroadcasting manpack transmissions.

Then we get onto 'Flood' the Switch.

Perfectly good kit.

No idea what the original comment said prior to editing but I won't be coming to Hull the w/e as my wife has refused to sign my leave pass.. (something about finishing some DIY projects that I have been dodging for the last two years...but i'm not under the thumb (honest)!

Polar69 - have you heard anything about what we are meant to be doing for our Trade ex yet? It's all gone quiet in Leeds!

TA_sig said:
They have perfectly good kit.
:lol: So how come your digital kit takes a FFR to carry it and ours fits into me pocket.

antphilip, when did the Yeomanry move in don't think there's room for stables or don't proper yeomanry have horses like the sigs yeomanry

Digital kit? Oh you mean all those buttons, keypads etc yeah we must throw them into the back of the nearest FFR and leave it there, don't want to mess with that sort of thing.

Truth be told we all know that the more wires, lights, dials, bits 'n pieces the cooler the kit is, and you can get plenty of that sort of thing inside a Rover. Well you probably have plenty of space in your trousers for all that kit if the rumours are true...

polar said:
antphilip, when did the Yeomanry move in don't think there's room for stables or don't proper yeomanry have horses like the sigs yeomanry
If you have a look down inglemire/englemire (spelling?) lane I think you will find the 4 legged friends.

antphilip said:
Jolly good. Expansion can never be a bad thing, especially with the historical yeomanry links in hull.
What kit will they have? Polar69 do you think this will badly effect your recruitment?

Latest Threads